My Rare and Interesting Findings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kishy View Post
    Tempted by this, particularly if a nice lower offer would be accepted, though I don't have actual need for them yet.

Someone once told me there was a difference in the quarter panels related to the wheel arch sometime late in the 80s. Do we know if that's actually true?

I suppose I could just look with my own eyes when I get home, but I've tried to eyeball it before and 91/83 look to be the same to me. Maybe.
    I decided to make a lowball offer on it. Doubtful they'll take it. I figured it would be nice to have in case I mess up removing the trim from my car to paint.

Those GM seats look like my current car's. They're better support than my CV but not by much.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

NOS 1979-1983 Ford Mercury LTD Crown Victoria Marquis Right Side W/ Mounting Kit

This is cool. I saved the instructions as a loose reference if I ever need to swap on my NOS spare door which has no mirror holes drilled.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30453332161...Bk9SR5qbpN6AYQ

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

NOS 1979 Ford LTD Grill Assembly 1980 1981 1982 D9AZ-8200-A

Shoot...tempted to pick this up to add to my collection...

Remember this is ONLY for LTD-S models.. SINGLE headlight on each corner models.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40396031324...Bk9SR8aO_ZKCYQ

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I wonder how many Phil has in his collection for his car now.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

1986 Ford Crown Victoria

Pretty nice exterior. Just a damn shame those red interiors fade as much as they do.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26597858172...Bk9SR-iGp4qNYQ

~David~

Comment

1983 Ford LTD CROWN VICTORIA

Looks like it could be a nice start to a project. Straight body.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29532285541...Bk9SR6rX0YqNYQ

~David~

Comment

Mercury FORD OEM 84-87 Grand Marquis 5.0L-V8 Battery Retainer D9AZ10718D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36404402985...Bk9SR8yNvIuNYQ

~David~

Comment

Vintage Ford Oval Splash Guards Universal New Old Stock NOS 1987 E3AZ16A550-A

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13432017494...Bk9SR-aM6YuNYQ

~David~

Comment

Crown Victoria Grand Marquis NOS TRAILING ARM REINFORCEMENT KIT 1W7Z-5L005-A

What and how does this work?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16578242572...Bk9SR47w7PmQYQ

~David~

Comment

The rear trailing arms are two metal links that connect your rear axle to the body of your car. Their purpose is to allow the rear axle to move up and down freely while maintaining proper vehicle alignment. The trailing arms themselves don't contain any moving parts. I would think these would "stiffen" up the process. Other thoughts?
                      What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                      What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

There was an issue on the early Whales with cracking the upper rear control arm mounts on the frame. These brackets were to help prevent the likelihood of that reoccurring in affected cars.

TSB Link

My Cars:
                        -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                        -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                        -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                        -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

That's good to know. I'll have to check out my wife's car when I change the oil.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
                            The rear trailing arms are two metal links that connect your rear axle to the body of your car. Their purpose is to allow the rear axle to move up and down freely while maintaining proper vehicle alignment. The trailing arms themselves don't contain any moving parts. I would think these would "stiffen" up the process. Other thoughts?
                            I guess my question was where does it go/bolt to exactly. I know all of that stuff.
                            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                              There was an issue on the early Whales with cracking the upper rear control arm mounts on the frame. These brackets were to help prevent the likelihood of that reoccurring in affected cars.

TSB Link
                              That was helpful. Interesting!
                              ~David~

Comment

Sorry Dave - just trying to be informative for anyone that needed to know.
                                What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                                What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Working...
                                X