No announcement yet.

My Rare and Interesting Findings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes J& J auto wrecking has some nice cars. Some too nice to junk in my opinion. Prices are high. From experience, except for high value parts,if the wrecker does not sell parts at a reasonable price, they are going to be crushed. No one wins. Sell as many parts as possible for reasonable prices. Especially now when people have that "free cash" When the economy fails, many won't be able to afford toothpics

Comment

Oh man oh man. Found it listed for a sold price of $1050. Plus fees and shipping and whatever overhead they have in it. https://bid.cars/en/lot/0-29397129/1...BP44F1FX250115

Can't believe they think it has 47k miles with that huge arm rest hole. I've got 247k on the 88 and it doesn't have a hole. The seat does, kinda similar to that armrest hole.

I DO want the jump seats. Contemplating sending them a message to see the cost. If they want $907 for the front and rear seat, I'm guessing around $400-500 for the jump seats.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

If you can do it, go there to pick them up. Save yourself the freight cost. Find more parts, negotiate a package deal. Go there on a Friday morning with cash. They need to make payroll or weekend party money.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
          Oh man oh man. Found it listed for a sold price of $1050. Plus fees and shipping and whatever overhead they have in it. https://bid.cars/en/lot/0-29397129/1...BP44F1FX250115

Can't believe they think it has 47k miles with that huge arm rest hole. I've got 247k on the 88 and it doesn't have a hole. The seat does, kinda similar to that armrest hole.

I DO want the jump seats. Contemplating sending them a message to see the cost. If they want $907 for the front and rear seat, I'm guessing around $400-500 for the jump seats.
          Talk about trying to make some cash. Key word is trying. Id also say reasonable prices would probably get them more in sales.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Rare 1993 1994 1995 Ford Lightning GT40 65mm Intake Manifold EGR Spacer

I sold this to member Alice87 last year around June. It is powdercoated machine gray and in really nice shape. Did it myself after media blasting the entire spacer Looks as if he never used it. Nice piece.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16484348531...YAAOSwo6FgjYKU

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

NOS 1979-1987 Ford Crown Victoria Battery Hold Down Bracket D9AZ-10718-D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16484646331...oAAOSwRLJgj-Co

~David~

Comment

were all the brackets prior to 88 plastic? The metal ones tend to rust in the North east.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                  were all the brackets prior to 88 plastic? The metal ones tend to rust in the North east.
                  Most of them were plastic even from the early 70s. Depending on the model. The large size brackets are really hard to find.

Comment

nos 1979 ford LTD RH door panel housing D9AZ-14528-D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/37356855190...4AAOSwUZdgkqC0

~David~

Comment

That a good deal. These are always broken.
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                        That a good deal. These are always broken.
                        Is that for the front door? I assume it fits a 87 CV....?
                        1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by mcb82gt View Post
                          Is that for the front door? I assume it fits a 87 CV....?
                          Rear, I'm pretty sure all fronts have the slot for the door lock tab, with or without power locks.
                          1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                          1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Two Door

This could be a good buy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28428051727...oAAOSw2m1gjuyl

~David~

Comment

NOS OEM Ford 1980 1981 Ford Crown Victoria LTD Front Bumper Chrome Steel

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40227438321...wAAOSwgeJevb5c

~David~

Comment

Nos oem ford 79 ltd d9az-16006-b lh front fender sheet metal

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284286481418

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X