My Rare and Interesting Findings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Two Door

Has a reserve. Unclear what it may be. Possible good deal. Looks straight. Located in Saint Louis Missouri

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Mercur...sAAOSwURtgAb5b

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Found this today in the garage. This must be at least 25 years old. I bought it when I had my 1965 Thunderbird. Shop manual on film still in the box from Helm who made the genuine Ford shop manuals. Guess I will put it on Ebay.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1922.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	1288554Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1924.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	1288555
      Attached Files

Comment

Wow. Now that is something you dont ever see. Didnt even know something like that would have existed.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Has a reserve. Unclear what it may be. Possible good deal. Looks straight. Located in Saint Louis Missouri

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Mercur...sAAOSwURtgAb5b

Since that's local, I pulled up their website and found the info on it:

Stock #4681 Price- $5,450.00
          These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Thanks for the insider intel.
            ~David~

Comment

NOS pair 1979-1980 Ford LTD Landau, roof pillar emblems molding trim

These have been hard to find. I have either a drivers side or passanger side NOS piece that I purchased 8+ years ago and this is the first time I happen to come across another...a set no less. Tempted but I wont go for it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-pair-19...IAAOSwk6BgB24-

~David~

Comment

I wonder if those could be placed elsewhere. Specifically on a wagon for my purposes haha. I can’t think of anywhere they would look good on a wagon. That’s a deal on them IMO.
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I dont see them working on a wagon. That could just be me not seeing the vision one may have. I just see them on the c pillar ontop of the vinyl. There is some kinda light fixture still needed to use these fully. I think i seen the light fixtures available before but still dont know how i all goes together.

The lenses/fixtures I was babbling about.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1979-19...gAAOSw37BaZoFl

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1979-19...cAAOSww-BaZoFs

I got lucky and spotted a 79 mercury two door marquis and robbed the vinyl (for reference marks) and its louvered trim on the c pillar. This I can see me installing but not the LTD landau piece, though it is damn cool.

Last edited by 87gtVIC; 01-20-2021, 08:22 PM.
                  ~David~

Comment

01.26 1987 Ford Crown Victoria 2dr Vinyl top Coupe Resin Car Body 1/25 1/25th

This is so cool.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/01-26-1987-...MAAOSw4aVgBThm

Best I could do is shoot the whole thing in my body color. This is very tedious work to make right!
                    ~David~

Comment

1986 LTD Ford Crown Victoria Estate Car ONLY 25K Miles

This looks to be a good buy.

Very good color!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Ford-C...gAAOSwSBBgBe1H

~David~

Comment

The resin model seller also has "1980" Grand Marq Tudor model for sale. Older style grille but no rear lights included and "normal" mirrors so it could technically be other than '80
                        1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                        1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

I know I have seen some four door models in the past as well. If I had the skills it would be fun to make a replica.
                          ~David~

Comment

What about the undercarriage then? Is it intended to work as a replacement/enhancement of a serial injection kit from Tamiya/Revell etc, or is it expected that the buyer builds it from scratch?

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              This is so cool.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/01-26-1987-...MAAOSw4aVgBThm

Best I could do is shoot the whole thing in my body color. This is very tedious work to make right!
                              I love this thing. I was pretty big into regular models as a 10-16 year old. The resin adds some extra work but I think with time I could pull it off. You really need a model car junkyard to make this thing work.
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by bnw View Post
                                What about the undercarriage then? Is it intended to work as a replacement/enhancement of a serial injection kit from Tamiya/Revell etc, or is it expected that the buyer builds it from scratch?
                                Well it isn't that hard to figure out 1/25th wheels and mounting them to the body. I guess one could make a undercarriage fit from anothe model. Shame there's no interior pieces at all.
                                Those are resin models anyways, so they need alot of work regardless of what you do with them.

Were I to do one, I'd just make glossy blacked out windows and lower the hell out it. I bet those 3d printed bumpers and grilles are pretty hard to get to look like chrome.
                                1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                                1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Working...
                                X