My Rare and Interesting Findings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

around 3K IIRC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by matth825 View Post
      How much did it sell for when it was BAT?

I kind of want to call them to find out if they are a) high on crack and b) entertain myself by haggling with them. Who knows maybe they will come to their senses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by sly View Post
      around 3K IIRC.
      Exactly. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...rown-victoria/
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks guys. I appreciate the link to the BAT auction. I took a screenshot to use as a bargaining chip if I decide to call them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No worries. I believe it is someone selling under the name of that place...not necessarily that place owning the vehicle.

Still it was bid up to 6600 already and they are still trying for more. This time more got them to 2500.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

There are fees on top f the sell price so it would have to sell for more than 3k to break even, but if it sold for 3k on BAT, its not likely to sell for grossly more than that a second time if nothing has been done to the car.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

1990 LTD Crown Victoria Highway patrol cruiser Speedometer Gauge Cluster 140 MPH

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-LTD-Cr...sAAOSwO29f-RW2

Get it while its hot!

~David~

Comment

1991 Ford Crown Victoria Police Package 5.8L 351w v8

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Ford-C...IAAOSwct5f8NCF

Good repaint and a deep interior clean, accompanied with a good look over of the motor brakes and suspension and can be back in business.

Seems like there is some genuine interest in it based off of the questiones the seller responded to within the ad. I also appreciate the seller writing for than a little one sentence description of the car.

~David~

Comment

I hope that cop car goes to a good home... like the seller said, there aren’t many left. I love the dual spot lights... I always wanted to put one on my vehicle but couldn’t justify drilling into the A pillar
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Nice. The seller doesn't seem to be hiding anything.
                    The questions definitely came from people who know these cars, but I wish people would STOP asking if the speedometer works when you mean odometer. I bet it doesn't (which really doesn't matter) but there is no way for the seller to know since he hasn't done anything with the car in the past 3 years.

Definitely hope it goes to a good home.

Interesting to see the muffler hangers which appear to be the pre '90 setup. Maybe a 5.8 or dual thing?
                    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

NOS 1979-1987 Ford LTD Crown Vic D9AZ8190E RH Radiator Grille Opening Panel OEM

This is very bizarre. A repair panel for the header panel. Who knew? I wish more of the ford install sheet was showing. Interested in how they suggest performing such a task.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1979-19...IAAOSwTllf-xx~

~David~

Comment

I have seen these before. I am puzzled as the labor to graft it in, and letting the work cure. IT would end up costing more than buying the header panel. I am thinking not in the retail market for the parts. To me it does not make sense. I also would think unless the work was perfect, a person could see the patch panel after painting and installation.

Comment

Exactly. Having repair one before...it does not work. My car was backed into in the early 2000's by one of those stupid jeeps with a spare tire on the back while my pops owned the car. Cracked the grill and header panel a few inches away from where the hood ornament gets installed. I repaired it with fiberglass filler after releaving the crack and veeing out the groove. Worked fine until i needed to removed the header panel for a fender replacement.
                          ~David~

Comment

That cop car is nice! Looks similar to the one they used in Blues Brothers 2000. If I had to have one, a black & white is what I'd go for. That or Michigan State Pooper blue.
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I would really like to see that 91 CV. Not very many Patrol cars in Ca used the whip antenna with the ball on the right side. Only one agency that normally had them. This would have been used in a remote area. Not likely a mountain community as the VV ran horribly over 3,000 feet. I notice there is aftermarket side molding that has been installed. There was a cage in the back.The emblem on the side behind the whip was the 911 sticker. This also does not have the stainless lower trim so it was not a piggy back order from a couple of agencies I am thinking of. Dual spots which most Ca. departments ordered. The radio was just stuffed in there Does not look quite right. I would like to see the build sheet. and the order tags in the engine bay. Would also like to see a close up of the center of the dash and headliner. The price is very good. That dash board is a pain to pull to replace. If it had blue interior that would be a big plus. Those speakers in the door were used in our cars for the police radio. The sound was really clear. Hopefully a new owner won't try to register it in Ca. 351 with the VV. Very hard to pass smog even though it only has to be done once after it is 30 years old. I am looking for a specific 91 CV at the right price. I may find it.

Comment

After looking at the registration information it seems like the car was registered and used in the Vista area, just north of San Diego. In the early 90s, Vista was just starting to grow and did not have lots of money for new cars. It is located in a valley, so the whip antenna makes sense for the extended range needed. The registration information indicates that it stayed registered/used as a police vehicle for 14 years. That is an very long time. Actually I am surprised it survived. So many of the CA. police cars became taxis or went to Mexico.

Comment

Working...
                                X