My Rare and Interesting Findings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    Laying them on their face on concrete...
    Some people just dont think. They may have very well gently placed them there but it is not a good look.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

1979-89 ford country squire mercury station wagon license light shield cover nos

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11502028792...QAAOSwOERhVgWi

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

New 1982 - 1986 mercury grand marquis colony park front bumper new old stock

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16442877805...MAAOSwCaBfgraA

~David~

Comment

NOS 1983 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis Tail Lamp Seal LH E4MY-13A495-A

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19354263766...UAAOSwdPle70tP

~David~

Comment

Wow that's a clean bumper! If it was a rear, I would have thought about jumping on it.

I'm actually in need of one of these for the passenger's side as the one I have is shredded. I think that's the smaller style though so I don't think it will work for me (figured I could probably get a driver's side one working on the passenger's side). Sly suggested trunk seal in my RR thread so I guess I'll end up going that route.

Example between two tail light seals (of course my car has one of each lol):

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

That second bumper looks like a good deal. Could use on a Ford too... especially if you wanted to delete the bumper guards with some carriage bolts
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

So many bumpers! I wonder why there's a far larger available stock of front ones over the years compared to rear ones. I realize more rear end crashes would have occurred, however you would think they also would have produced more due to this...
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                  I wonder if they will replace the gas cylinder lifts on my 89 Lincoln ? Would they be too stiff for an aluminum hood ?
                  I seem to remember looking at this and came to the conclusion that it won't just bolt up. I don't remember why exactly. I've kind of given up on those damn gas shocks though. I put 3 sets on last year, every one of them was bad right out of the box. Two of them were supposed to be for steel hoods too. Think I'll either fit a prop rod or just carry one of those telescoping jobs in the car.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think one could fab up a stock looking prop rod without much fuss...junkyard parts included.
                    ~David~

Comment

So many bumpers! I wonder why there's a far larger available stock of front ones over the years compared to rear ones. I realize more rear end crashes would have occurred, however you would think they also would have produced more due to this...
                      I wonder the same thing.

I got lucky a few years back and found one on ebay. Local pick up only...located in Pittsburgh PA. A coworker resides there (freelance driver) and he picked up it for me, stored it and then drove it down to work one day when he was coming back from a cross country trip.

My father had a nos one stored for years outside in a shed of my grandparents. It didn't survive. Became pitted to all hell. It hurt cutting that one up. Hindsight I should have kept it. This was over 15 years ago...
                      ~David~

Comment

The rear bumpers rusted out in the rust belt areas. More in demand then the front bumpers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                          The rear bumpers rusted out in the rust belt areas. More in demand then the front bumpers.
                          Yep, exactly. My current GM's rear bumper is rusted out. The CV's bumper before that (which I still have) is on its way out as well and that one started without any rust. The rear bumper on my LTD also has some rust on it. All three cars don't have any rust on the front bumpers, just the back. I guess all the salt and crap gets kicked up in there and sits.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

1979 - 1986 FORD CROWN VICTORIA COUNTRY SQUIRE LH HEADLIGHT DOOR BEZEL excellent

Seller has been trying to get double this as of late. Finally decided to drop the price..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22398849669...wAAOSwEg9ekMb-

~David~

Comment

1983-1991 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Mercury Marquis NOS RED LH REAR DOOR ARM REST

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15465358143...YAAOSwA6Bhaa86

~David~

Comment

CLEAR Ford Dome/Map Light Lens Replaces C5AZ-13783E, 74351, 47-4291 Mustang F150

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28207534425...gAAOSwdpxUU6Wj

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X