No announcement yet.

My Rare and Interesting Findings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOS OEM Ford Bumper Guard E1MY-17996-A 1984-87 Mercury Grand Marquis 1987 FORD

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26524642238...0AAOSwE2BhAtSJ

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17487691203...wAAOSwddNhDUCU

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That cargo net is very tempting, but I would need to find a way to re-attach the bottom hooks. The old plastic nuts have long been dead.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          That cargo net is very tempting, but I would need to find a way to re-attach the bottom hooks. The old plastic nuts have long been dead.
          Check this out Sly, might work. Ebay #254361585888
          1995-1999 Lincoln Town Car Luggage Hook PAIR (F5VZ5442002BA) NOS

Comment

I still have the hooks... Just need a trip to the hardware store for proper nuts, maybe some washers, some way to seal them... etc. Not sure I would ever use the net though. I have plenty of milk crates for that purpose. And I'm also wondering if the elastic is any good any more. Wouldn't want to pay majority of a C note just to have it sag or disintegrate in short order. I have a feeling that may be why it didn't come with our car when we bought it even though it had the hooks already. It is still tempting... just not sure I can rationalize it when I'm hell bent on paying off my house. If the plan holds, I might have this sucker free and clear in 3 years.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Paying the house off is priority. Living debt free is great especially in these uncertain times.

Comment

NOS Vintage 1980's Techno Sun Suntune Slim Line Tach 8k Tachometer CT9

These fit really well in the clock holes on 79 to 89 Grand Marquis and Crown victorias.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23414582187...kAAOSw06VhHQof

~David~

Comment

Holy crap! I didn't realize those things are selling for so much now. $130 for one door control panel. Jesus.
                  I'm glad I saved the ones from my CV and my 91 GM before that.. .though they're all in different states of brittle plastic woes.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    These fit really well in the clock holes on 79 to 89 Grand Marquis and Crown victorias.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/23414582187...kAAOSw06VhHQof

That is cool, never seen that before.... 8K seems a lil optimistic for a panther. lol
                    1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
                      Holy crap! I didn't realize those things are selling for so much now. $130 for one door control panel. Jesus.
                      I'm glad I saved the ones from my CV and my 91 GM before that.. .though they're all in different states of brittle plastic woes.
                      Yeah. I am glad you bumped this. I would have thought it would have never sold...proves me wrong.

Originally posted by mcb82gt View Post
                      That is cool, never seen that before.... 8K seems a lil optimistic for a panther. lol
                      Stock panther.
                      ~David~

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40291548983...53.m1438.l2649

Found this under hood light that reels out. It was a factory option for some of the 80s panthers. New in package is a plus.
                        I almost bought this for a make offer of $29 + shipping.
                        I found another seller who had two new ones for a good deal.

Comment

If that tach wasn't so expensive I'd be VERY tempted to get it.

Tom, I had no idea the under hood light was optional on panthers. I have a Ford one with an 82 part# from a truck on my LTD, that's good to know it may have come with one if ordered
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                            https://www.ebay.com/itm/40291548983...53.m1438.l2649

Found this under hood light that reels out. It was a factory option for some of the 80s panthers. New in package is a plus.
                            I almost bought this for a make offer of $29 + shipping.
                            I found another seller who had two new ones for a good deal.
                            This is identical to the one that was stock on my 96 silverado. Must have used them for all manufacturers.
                            1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                              If that tach wasn't so expensive I'd be VERY tempted to get it.

Hi Phil

How tempted are you? You may be able to pry one from my hoard.

-David
                              Attached Files
                              ~David~

Comment

1987 Mercury Grand Marquis

This could be a good purchase.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29433994410...AAAOSwcMBhGpJe

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X