The early deal with the horn on it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-81-82-MA...IAAOSwNEhfV5PM

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

NOS Ford Shift Cable E7AZ-7F042-A

This has got to be hard to find new

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Ford-Sh...0AAOSwUwVgDjQs

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

79 - 86 Mustang 2-1/16" Vent Gauge Pod

With the vent shimmed so it does not face down or up from the weight of the gauge this may be a way to go for some people. I'd say the price is reasonable too for what it is. Its marketed towards the four eye foxbodies but I believe the registers are the same between them and our 79 to 89 boxes. I am pretty fond of the idea.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7692821...=1&frs=1&sca=1

~David~

Comment

Man that’s cool. I’d rock that if I was still daily driving the 88. I like that you still have a little vent function also.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Its neat. Found it on foureyepride in a interior modifications thread. I then checked out the etsy site and proceeded to buy a couple cool things. 79-86 foxbody silhouette bottle opener (for pops as he has an 85 GT since new) and a 87 to 93 hatch and vert fox body keychain for two co workers. One had an 87 GT top for as long as I known him (since 06 so even earlier) and the other just picked up a 92 or 93 yellow LX feature car vert. Ill media blast them and powdercoat them the color of their cars and surprise them.
            ~David~

Comment

1985 Ford Crown Victoria

Those are some wide white walls! Says it has close to 500hp...

1985 Ford Crown Victoria LTD. 351 Windsor High Performance Engine. 475hp 490 Ft Lbs Torque. Holley 4 Barrel Carb. Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Aluminum Heads. Dual Exhaust with Headers and Cherry Bomb mufflers. Summit Racing Street Fighter Automatic Transmission. TCI Torque Converter. Coker wide whitewall radial tires. Wire Wheel covers. New Dash Pad. Power windows and seat. Professionally done beautiful Black paint. Original upolstery and carpet are worn, with some staining and prior rodent damage. Mileage is unknown after new engine and transmission replacement in 2010. Estimated mileage on new drivetrain is 7,000 miles. The engine and Transmission alone cost more than the "buy it now" price. With updated upolstery and carpet, this would be a very fast and great looking "Crown Vic" with muscle car sound and power.
              Need those seats....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Ford-C...EAAOSwjDtgFdHm

~David~

Comment

79-1982 mercury grand marquis nos chrome radiator grill

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-1982-M...sAAOSw2sBgGUXT

~David~

Comment

Nos 1979 mercury grand marquis trunk remote lock kit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1979-ME...sAAOSw~OVWuQhV

~David~

Comment

New 1982 - 1986 mercury grand marquis colony park front bumper new old stock

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-1982-19...MAAOSwCaBfgraA

~David~

Comment

80 89 ltd country squire nos oem ford e0az-17255-b speedometer assy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/80-89-LTD-C...cAAOSwHCFgHHLm

~David~

Comment

If that thing makes 475hp than my build will make 500... LOL

That bumper! I already have a NOS one but that’s tempting...still searching for a rear, and more importantly a rear core support!
                        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

How do you remove that faceplate? I cracked it last time pulling on it.

How to you unhook the PRNDL cable from the cluster? Thanks guys.
                          1987 CV LX 5.0

Comment

remove all of the screws and it basically falls off if I remember right. I know I've had them apart before and it wasn't any big deal.

PRNDL cable is also a screw that comes out and then you unhook the wire loop from the pointer.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That bumper! I already have a NOS one but that’s tempting...still searching for a rear, and more importantly a rear core support![/QUOTE]

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Mercury bumper have more space between the bumper guards than the Ford? Shouldn't they line up with the outer edges of the grill? WagonMan
                              89 Colony Park
                              90 Colony Park
                              70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by mcb82gt View Post
                                How do you remove that faceplate? I cracked it last time pulling on it.

How to you unhook the PRNDL cable from the cluster? Thanks guys.
                                Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                remove all of the screws and it basically falls off if I remember right. I know I've had them apart before and it wasn't any big deal.

PRNDL cable is also a screw that comes out and then you unhook the wire loop from the pointer.
                                You have to have it out of the car and unbolt the speedometer from the rear housing. I believe that is the main thing holding it in place.

To remove the cable...same with cluster removed from vehicle unbolt everything, remove face plate then unbolt the cable in question and slide it out.

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
                                That bumper! I already have a NOS one but that’s tempting...still searching for a rear, and more importantly a rear core support!
                                Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the Mercury bumper have more space between the bumper guards than the Ford? Shouldn't they line up with the outer edges of the grill? WagonMan[/QUOTE]

Yes. They are different. Fun fact....In 1987 the crown victoria did receive grand marquis front bumpers for some reason.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X