No announcement yet.

My Rare and Interesting Findings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If that was an S model... my nostalgia might override my responsibilities.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
      So many unique features on the 79's.

David that one may rival yours in cleanliness!
      They are awesome. Its sad how the details diminished over the years. You get to 1991 and gosh they just don't look the same or have the same feeling whatsoever.

Originally posted by sly View Post
      If that was an S model... my nostalgia might override my responsibilities.
      oh my. You aint kiddin. That be perfect.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

1979 Ford LTD molding D9AZ-5420935 c,window felt,nos,ford,trim

Good deal.

I purchaced one of these before NOS and the rubber was hard as a rock and had to be replaced. The trim was mint though.

Looks like this may be for a 4 door with no vent windows hard to tell without a measurement.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Ford-L...RZ74JE&vxp=mtr
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

NOS-OEM-Ford-1979-1982-LTD-Crown-Victoria-Front-Floor-Mat-1980-1981-Black

Cool vintage piece:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-For...pZ7mcE&vxp=mtr
          ~David~

Comment

That floor may came up in my searches as well. Saw one in the junkyard a few years back. They are a bit thin and it seems like they were foam backed.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Hah, back when people used to sit three wide on the front bench.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

1987 Ford Crown Victoria Coupe

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Ford-C...JavRnt&vxp=mtr

Could be a good deal if the seller accepts offers under a grand. I dont see a chance in hell it selling other wise in its current state.
                ~David~

Comment

A wise friend once told me: "Never buy someone's abandoned hobby project."

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                    So much this!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      No matter how good a deal it might be, it never ends up a good deal. I learned that that hard way.

Comment

Exactly. Why I tend to spring a bit more for a car that while it may be rougher, is close to original condition and unmodified.

Comment

There are of course alternate opinions. I have found that a partially completed project can offer a great value. The offset is not being sure what is missing or how it is supposed to go back together. If you have familiarity with the type of vehicle a partially completed vehicle can save a lot of money and work. With me buying a rebuilt engine that is not running is a leap of faith. As in any endeavor, the important thing is to leave enough margin so you are covered for all the unanticipated costs.
                          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Get this> 1981-87 Ford Crown Victoria front bumper replated

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-87-For...QAAOSwZtNa3LZI

Too cheap to pass up.
                            ~David~

Comment

Wow no kidding! If I didn't already have a NOS one lying around I would get it. Find a rear one for that price will ya
                              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

andddd sold...to the man with coyote engine in his box.
                                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
                                X