No announcement yet.

My Rare and Interesting Findings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know where this goes but I highly doubt you can find it anywhere nowadays:

D9AZ-7441608-A Weather Strip 88-91 Ford Crown Victoria Country Squire OEM NOS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/D9AZ-744160...6:pf:0&vxp=mtr
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Its hard to tell...but it may be the tailgate weather stripping. if so thats a good find for someone with a nice wagon
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
        Its hard to tell...but it may be the tailgate weather stripping. if so thats a good find for someone with a nice wagon
        +1
        Tailgate weather strip seems to be what it is.
        It's listed in related parts of the following link.
        https://www.varsityfordparts.com/aut...-hardware-scat

Also, under the "This Part Fits" section of the following link it seems to only list wagons. Although the '87-'91 LTD Crown Victoria listings don't seem to specify wagon.
        https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...p-d9az7441608a
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Tailgate weather strip it is.

This link agrees with what my shop manual has listed in the above picture; the part number being 41608. (Aren't Ford part numbers fun?! lol )
          https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...5153935AAa0vOR
          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

D9 says 1979, so that should fit all the box wagons. Nice find for someone needing tailgate weatherstrip.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              D9 says 1979, so that should fit all the box wagons. Nice find for someone needing tailgate weatherstrip.
              That part of the Ford part numbering system actually is pretty cool. Easy to determine year, make, and even model if you know what you're looking at. You don't get that with The General's 8 digit part numbers, you actually have to look up the numbers for that info. Also interesting that the oldest listing on the tascaparts link is '84 (unless I missed something) when the part is clearly '79 as you pointed out.
              Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

yeah, its a fairly well thought out numbering system most of the time but the trim sections are pretty messy if you poke through the parts catalog.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Alrighty mangs who bought the tailgate weatherstrip before I could get to it...
                  1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                  1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                  Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                  Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                    Alrighty mangs who bought the tailgate weatherstrip before I could get to it...
                    I was watching it, but didn't pull the trigger. Hopefully someone here bought it. My electrical tape corners will have to keep on doing their thing.

Best option would been to see if someone could get a weatherstripping company to do some reproduction ones. I've some companies do that if you have a sample of what you need.

My Cars:
                    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Wasnt me. I was tempted though. The fact I do not own a wagon was the deciding factor.
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

What a shame its all scraped up...

NOS OEM Ford 1979 Ford Crown Victoria LTD Front Bumper Chrome Steel

I dont see this ever selling.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-For...1:pf:0&vxp=mtr
                        ~David~

Comment

The thing is mint by my standards but I couldn't justify spending sub $400 on it, although that does include shipping.
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Look at the other pictures in the ad. I'd stick it on a DD, not for that price though.
                            Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                              The thing is mint by my standards but I couldn't justify spending sub $400 on it, although that does include shipping.

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                              Look at the other pictures in the ad. I'd stick it on a DD, not for that price though.
                              This.

Check out the other pics and get back to me.....Its not pretty at all for the price.

It is a fantastic 10 footer.

Some of the scratches are DEEP.
                              ~David~

Comment

Probably found it in some dark corner at a local dealership that closed. Polished it up a bit, and BAM! That'll be $400, please.
                                —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                                1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                                1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                                1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Working...
                                X