My Rare and Interesting Findings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
    They will buying that car a birthday cake every year at that price.
    That made me laugh.

I believe it was worth more than the 3k it sold for on BAT but not that much!
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      This appears to be an uncommon piece...at least I cannot recall its exact application. I see other though on ebay so I am probably mistaken here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-1991-F...AAAOSwAsRfJgqD

#TwodoorProblems (did I hashtag right, I've never used the pound sign as a has tag, LOL.)

Very common part. That's the switch panel for the rear door on a 4 door/wagon CV/MGM.
      Last edited by VicCrownVic; 12-17-2020, 01:18 PM.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
        #TwodoorProblems (did I hashtag right, I've never used the pound sign as a has tag, LOL.)

Very common part. That's the switch panel for the rear door on a 4 door/wagon CV/MGM.
        Haha. I figured as much.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post

$50 for that?!

I'm in need of another one since the tab broke on the rear driver's ash tray door on my car. But not for that kind of money.
          —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
          1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
          1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Good trim parts for these cars are skyrocketing. Someone asked about an 88-91 CV taillight on a Facebook group. Turns out eBay gets $150 each on a routine basis. They are at that prime age for parts being worth more than the whole.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Dave would not know about trim from a 4 door......
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                Good trim parts for these cars are skyrocketing. Someone asked about an 88-91 CV taillight on a Facebook group. Turns out eBay gets $150 each on a routine basis. They are at that prime age for parts being worth more than the whole.
                Wagon Tail lights on E-bay are listed up to $300 each! A dash pad for an 89 Grand Marquis is listed for $369! I should up my prices!!!!! LOL!
                89 Colony Park
                90 Colony Park
                70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
                  $50 for that?!

I'm in need of another one since the tab broke on the rear driver's ash tray door on my car. But not for that kind of money.
                  Box picking has been awful this year. Heck, even whale picking hasn't been great. I don't think we have any in the local yards now with this part, but can keep an eye out for a nice one. That's the kind of part I don't mind picking even if you decide you don't want it (since I can always use it.)
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                    They are at that prime age for parts being worth more than the whole.
                    This might have been true here in Finland for quite some time. Except these cars and parts are rare. The extra header panel I had for a while was from a '86 Colony Park, that car has a funny story.
                    I know the guy I bought the header panel from, he's quite interesting (over a dozen late 20's early 30's Lincolns and atleast three's worth of parts and a whole lot of other weird stuff), he daily drove another '86 CP from like '95 to '03. One day the rear end grenaded itself. Rebuilding the 8.8 would've been too expensive, buying a used axle was slightly less expensive, but by far the cheapest option then was to buy a whole other car (another '86 CP). A completely functioning CP for spare change as he said it. Parted out, he took the axle, drivetrain into a friend's Mustang and almost the whole body cut into patch panels. The header panel hanged on his barn wall until I bought it, the last piece of the fully functioning car attached to a "spare axle".
                    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
                    1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
                      Wagon Tail lights on E-bay are listed up to $300 each! A dash pad for an 89 Grand Marquis is listed for $369! I should up my prices!!!!! LOL!
                      I’ve been trying to find a spare set of tails just to have incase something ever happened to my wagon, but I ain’t paying that much for an assembly in similar shape.

I got lucky a few weeks ago and pulled a near perfect dash pad out of an ‘88 Country Squire at the junkyard for $25; just had a small crack in the passenger speaker grille. I might find a way to mend it since my current pad has a split.

I really don’t know who they think are looking for these parts at prices like that. I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to get stuff locally, through people I’ve met, and the kind folks here. There’s a distinct difference between selling stuff between enthusiasts and trying to turn mad profit.

My Cars:
                      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

$50 for that?!

Did you know you can just replace the door from a donor assembly ?

Comment

Some of those Ebay prices are stupid expensive. I think allot of that is from the demo derby people. They figure their stuff is gold and people will pay gold prices for it. That is why it sits on Ebay for months. They won't budge on the price either. Sorry, I won't play that game. I boycott those people.
                          After awhile, they will just throw the stuff away.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                            I’ve been trying to find a spare set of tails just to have incase something ever happened to my wagon, but I ain’t paying that much for an assembly in similar shape.

I got lucky a few weeks ago and pulled a near perfect dash pad out of an ‘88 Country Squire at the junkyard for $25; just had a small crack in the passenger speaker grille. I might find a way to mend it since my current pad has a split.

I really don’t know who they think are looking for these parts at prices like that. I’ve been fortunate enough to be able to get stuff locally, through people I’ve met, and the kind folks here. There’s a distinct difference between selling stuff between enthusiasts and trying to turn mad profit.
                            Regarding the crack in the speaker. I fixed a couple of cracked speaker grilles by doing the following: Carefully glue a FIRM thin and close woven piece of plastic mesh that is bigger than than the speaker hole to the UNDERSIDE of the dash at the speaker area. You might find this at a hobby store like Hobby Lobby or AC Moore. Use a THIN coat of heavy duty spray adhesive at the grille, a thicker or second coat at the area around the hole. Gently press the speaker grille down to the mesh. Set something with slight pressure on both sides of the dash sandwiching the dash to dry overnight. Hopefully the next day the dash will look decent. grille will be firm. At least you can say you gave it a good effort. If you had good results with the one side, do the other side if you dare.
                            I have also seen a tastefully done dash that had small aftermarket speaker grille covers put over the holes. Not factory but it looked good. They even were painted the same color as the dash.
                            Last edited by Mainemantom; 12-18-2020, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                              Did you know you can just replace the door from a donor assembly ?
                              I know. I've actually already done that before. I replaced all three doors since I had some junkyard pieces with good doors, but that looked worse than the complete assemblies I had.

I think one of my kids broke the tab on the rear driver's door.
                              —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                              1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                              1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                              1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

I know. I've actually already done that before. I replaced all three doors since I had some junkyard pieces with good doors, but that looked worse than the complete assemblies I had.

I think one of my kids broke the tab on the rear driver's door.
                                Do you want me to look at what used ones I have in stock ? CV/MGM with just the silver top not the wood look ? I have TCs too.

Comment

Working...
                                X