sweet

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-FORD-CR...item3f115e0101
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

^ wow, im shocked its not listed for $97 plus $32 for shipping, like the lincoln stuff.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Holy crap. That is what some sellers are listing this stuff for????
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

here is le example...
          http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NOS-1982-1986...item20bef7bb01

seller also states, and i quote "nothing they sell is perfect. because its NOS, dont mean its perfect". for that money, it better be more than perfect lol. remember, this is just a example. there are lots of sellers, selling trunk lock covers and emblems, for an average of 50-60 bucks plus shipping.

Comment

Woah!
            ~David~

Comment

Yea, restoring Lincolns ain't cheap, that's for sure.

Check out this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-1983-Li...item3cbda97a90

$230 for an NOS MKVI Emblem that goes on the front of the grille.

I think people see any NOS Lincoln part made before 1990, and go into "woah dude this must be worth alot" mode. Rarely ever do I see an NOS Lincoln part reasonably priced anywhere. This is a well to do mans game, without a doubt.

Comment

then this makes me wonder. do these guys actually sell this stuff? no wonder people dont like restoring these cars.

Comment

I could use that mark VI emblem too... mine looks like crap... but F! that noise.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

if I had the money to blow I'd probably be shooting these guys lowball offers all over the place. In fact that might even be their intention is getting (relative) lowball offers for these and still making a tidy profit.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      Anyone know if the silver is an insert or simply painted on?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/79-87-Ford-L...item19cbd3c12b
                      It is just silver paint. I got a couple from Green Sales for my '86 police car. I just masked them and sprayed some satin black right over the silver.

Comment

Cool nuems. Thank you for the information!
                        ~David~

Comment

I usually do send sellers low-ball offers for the things that I really want. The problem is that with NOS Lincoln parts, they are so sure that someone is gonna come along and pay them exactly what they want eventually, that they never will accept anything less than their asking price 95% of the time in my experience. Problem is, they are right. I need that MKVI emblem for my grille, but I wouldn't pay anywhere near that asking price, NOS or not.

Not many people are into restoring Lincolns, and the ones that are usually are well to do, and are willing to pay big money for the parts that they need. Sellers know this and take advantage accordingly. Luckily, I have found most of the NOS parts that I need for my Lincoln already at decent prices, between here, ebay, and local swap meets. Still need a nice NOS grille shell though, to save me some money vs a re-chrome for mine.

Comment

I'm so sick of the overpriced "NOS" Lincoln parts on eBay and elsewhere (try talking to Baker's Auto or Lincoln Land if you really want some insulting prices) and the biggest assholes for Lincoln parts would have to be Classique with their $250 headlight switches and $150 autolamp sensors and similar things. It's such a racket that now when I see good Lincoln parts in the junkyard, I pull them even though I don't need them, since I can sell them for 3x what I pay at the junkyard and still be 75% lower than all the aforementioned BS artists.

The sad tale: you buy the nice '80s Lincoln for $3000-4000, then proceed to spend another $1000-2000 on good or NOS parts to get it to be very nice. I don't know if it's a rich man's game or just a stupid man's game. Maybe I am both. I usually trade out my Lincolns every few years and take all the good parts of the last one and swap them onto the new one. My current is about as nice as possible for that reason.

Comment

i dealt with a guy last year, who was out to lunch with pricing. he had a low milage, mint florida '83 mark VI 4 door. for some reason, he stripped it of its "special" parts and sold the rest to a derby guy. he had a couple boxes of stuff like, grille, lenses and such. i told him i would give a couple hundred for the stuff. he proceeded to tell me to go and checl lincoln land, cause he was insulted. he said that my offer was unrealistic and the grille is worth 300 bucks. so ya, that was the end of that deal lol. i guess i should have bought the whole car for 700 bucks lol. it was a nice car and had no rust, what so ever. i just did not like how it was a CFI car.

Comment

I gotta agree that Baker's Auto and Lincoln Land has some absolute retard prices on their Lincoln parts. I would never do business with such a rip-off place.

Regardless of the insane prices on some of the parts, this is a game/hobby that I enjoy quite alot, so I don't mind the BS and excess spending that comes along with it. None of my Lincolns will ever be sold or traded, (while I'm still alive anyway).

Comment

Working...
                                X