Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
    It already has duals!!!
    minus two keen observer points for you!!!!!!!!
    :stfu1:
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wait so you took the EFI from the 91 and CFI from the 85 and swapped fuel systems? That's awesome, when did you do that? Makes the 91 more of a beater now, don't feel so bad beating up on CFI.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Naw the 91 wasn't actually a donor for the 85's swap, but I did convert it to 90-91 style fuel injection. I got all separate stuff for that. The 91 did make a handy reference though
        The 91 ran better and got better mileage when the 85 was CFI so I mostly drove it for around-town box-mood driving.... now it outruns the 91 and who cares what the mileage is!
        By organ donor status I was talking about engine/drivetrain stuff, in case I trash something on the 85
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

2 inch exhaust is measured as O.D. At least that's how all the strait tubing and prebent pipes we sell is measured. A 2 inch muffler is measured as I.D. So that way it will slip over a two inch pipe.
          sigpic

Comment

2 inch inner or outer diameter?? It seems like different stores and brands list them differently... can be quite confusing... lol.
            Petey, the issue with 2" (or any other pipe diameter) I.D. or O.D. is a matter of inlet size, and where the two sizes show up. Usually, I.D. only shows up concerning the inlet/outlet size of a muffler, catalytic convertor, or the case of generic replacement exhaust piping (like you find in auto parts stores, as a foot-long or two-foot-long stick, as an example). The generic exhaust pipe sticks you see on shelves usually have one end measured in O.D., and the other in I.D., so you can add that length to an existing exhaust system, usually straight into a muffler (although I've also seen them with double I.D. ends)...which is always sold with a specific inside diameter listing.

Concerning the bulk exhaust tubing you find in exhaust shops....it's always sold in O.D. diameter increments.

I've never seen the wagon exhaust over-the-axle pipes in anything other than 2" O.D....did you find something else?

Comment

The stock ford exhaust necks down signifigantly at all the bends...
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                Yay, crinkled-compression-bending!

Comment

The small impala tails were about 30 bucks each, the larger ones were 38 or so. IIRC the difference was similar with the s-10 mids. I probably should have just spent the extra loot and gotten the larger ones... oh well. I wont be needing them anytime soon.
                  My 2.5" S-10 pipes were $18 each to around $30 each for the 2.25-inchers.

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                  More so than the OE replacement Chevy parts?

I've only seen one 2.25" '95 B body tailpipe, that from the Flowmaster brand with built-in resonators that sell for a jillion bucks each.
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    My 2.5" S-10 pipes were $18 each to around $30 each for the 2.25-inchers.
                    The 2.25" 43281 is $21 and some change on rock auto now, I don't see a 2.5" option anymore... thought I did last time. I swear they where more!

Originally posted by Pirate View Post

I've never seen the wagon exhaust over-the-axle pipes in anything other than 2" O.D....did you find something else?
                    I guess I was thinking 1 7/8 ID... looks like all box tailpipes are 2" (according to Walker), and so are these impala tailpipes... dammit!

Time to try out rock auto's return policy, and decide to re-use the tails on it or get the bigger tails...
                    The ones on it already are aftermarket and arent crinkle bent - plus I could return the elbows and tips too if i re-use... yes... the cheap bastard way it is!
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

The 2.25" 43281 is $21 and some change on rock auto now, I don't see a 2.5" option anymore... thought I did last time. I swear they where more!

I guess I was thinking 1 7/8 ID... looks like all box tailpipes are 2" (according to Walker), and so are these impala tailpipes... dammit!

Time to try out rock auto's return policy, and decide to re-use the tails on it or get the bigger tails...
                      The ones on it already are aftermarket and arent crinkle bent - plus I could return the elbows and tips too if i re-use... yes... the cheap bastard way it is!
                      You might try retrofitting some Mustang Fox-body GT tailpipes in 2 1/4"....the over-the-axle bend is what the problem is right now, once you're over the axle, you can cut and re-route to come out behind the rear tires.

Comment

Fox tailpipes do *sort of* fit ... you've seen the pics of my Mustang pipes on the wagon, I presume? I thought of trying to hack them to fit better, then decided it might be too much hassle for all the cuts and extra insertions that would probably require.

Comment

the chevy tails fit WAAAY better than mustang ones. Amusingly, when I had the custom exhuast done on my 87, the template the guy used for over the axle was an old cutlass/chevelle one (IIRC, that was over a decade ago)

Comment

Cutlass, eh? Be interesting to know what year .... it is a pain that it's such a pain to get 2.25" tailpipes without paying for the above-mentioned Flowmaster pieces or going custom.

Comment

Back when we first obtained the '88 P72, we also obtained a totaled '89 P72 (source for the desirable buckets, mint interior pieces, etc). The '89 was the cleanest P72 I have ever seen; the prior owner had it repainted, and it was dazzling.

Anyway, the car had 2.25" tail pipes on it, and they were VERY well done. They had real mandrel bends; as in a constant diameter through the bends. Not the type of bends you get at the local custom shop; you know, the ones that aren't crinkle, but don't hold constant diameter either. They were nice pipes. We swapped them to the blue '88, but they eventually rusted out.

My brother has a set of Impala SS tails in the garage that he bought for the blue car, complete with a set of mufflers, clamps, and Trans Am splitter ($$$) tips. If anyone is inetrested, we would be willing to unload that stuff. Those tailpipes have constant diameter bends too; really nice.
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                                Cutlass, eh? Be interesting to know what year .... it is a pain that it's such a pain to get 2.25" tailpipes without paying for the above-mentioned Flowmaster pieces or going custom.

70 something IIRC... old school muscle

Comment

Working...
                                X