• Show
Clear All

http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      I guess i should have went the rout you guys were taking, because i paid 33 dollars for my green LED that fits directly into the socket. (12V rated)
      how well does it light it up?? mines not that great, just barely enough to read it at night.
      Yours is how I did mine Jon, except I put the resistor in the wire outside the tach.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
        how well does it light it up?? mines not that great, just barely enough to read it at night.
        Yours is how I did mine Jon, except I put the resistor in the wire outside the tach.
        Pretty good. I was very happy with it. I originally just smooched a gel cap over the original bulb and that totally killed all of the light. It really lights it up well.

Pics dont do it justice, not to mention its a little blurry, but id say it is really good.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

What # bulb is that, 87gtVIC?
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
            What # bulb is that, 87gtVIC?
            I know the original bulb is a 74. And here is a picture of the package the LED bulb came in. Inside now sits the old bulb and gel cap.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hi Guys

Here is a Short Video the tacho on my 92 Town Car, as you can see itr is the OEM temperature gauge I modified to show RPMs as well.

Regards

Dereck
              President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Mine in just a cheepo tach mounted to my "a" pillar.
                1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                sigpic

Comment

My personal suggestion for an add-on for a street car is whatever you can get in 2-1/16", with a redline not higher than 8000 (preferably 6000) and live with the price and appearance. Then you can mount it in a cup, in a pillar pod, or in place of the stock clock as the Tao moves you. The first tach I bought was $25 from JCWhitney in about 2001.
                  Last edited by 1987cp; 07-01-2009, 04:22 PM.
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

5in autogauge tach with shift light, like duceanahalf's...Mounted on the dash, front and center.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Not my car anymore, but it was an Autogage by Autometer. Cheap and effective. Great placement if you don't need to look at the PRNDD2 when shifting.

Comment

I too have a sunpro Super II tach. Mounted on the A pillar
                        There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                        91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                        93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                        Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                        Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                        95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Ah, here's just the thing. 6000rpm, 2-1/16" diameter, black face, very plain. Just right for a street Panther. I should actually get one, but it's $70 and the 3-3/8" AutoGage pictured above is still doing its job just fine.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/VD...8/?image=large

2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

mounted in stock clock location..
                            sigpic

Comment

Bah, I can't find any Sunpro super tach II's online where the shipping to Canadia isn't as much as the tach itself. Gonna go check out Canadian Tire tonite.
                              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Oh wait, you're talking NON STOCK tachs!
                                Attached Files
                                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                                X