No announcement yet.

I'm LincolnMania's Son.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls you actually ought to be around could care less what your car seats look like.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis View Post
      Welcome mang!

I'm quite partial to any pre 79 ford pickup. Tough as nails, simple and strong runners. Get something nice and nearly rust free, the rest is up to you and your tastes mang.
      I'll second that mine was fun as hell and snow only stopped forward progress when it started coming up over the hood.
      1999 Grand Marquis
      sigpic

Comment

I think some folks here are losing focus of the most important aspects of a first car. Speed isn't important. It needs to be safe and reliable...

And of course, the most important thing is that you be able to spin tires (preferably the rear ones). Some people don't value this, but they need to face the fact that it is a necessity.

A little bit of wheelbase is also beneficial for when you slide it around in the rain or snow. Short cars tend to come around too quickly, and get squirrely...

I think we all know what types of cars fulfill these attributes.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
          Girls you actually ought to be around could care less what your car seats look like.
          it's more a matter of length and flatness then asthetics.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

My wife prefers narrow seats so she doesn't slide around while the car is in motion.
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

towncars are still awsome!!!
              89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by LincolnmaniaJr View Post
                I hate Chevs....
                i kno im late to the convo but i haft say!!!!!
                Thatta boy!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::wors hip:
                My old 87 Mercury Grand Marquis-RIP- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3016650
                Now Driving A
                1999 Mercury Mountaineer with the 5.0 V8 its also AWD..... Atleast I'm keeping it in the Mercury family right?

Comment

Originally posted by Don7887 View Post
                  I'll second that mine was fun as hell and snow only stopped forward progress when it started coming up over the hood.
                  i agree my father had a '74 f250 high boy god that was a cool truck and when he ran into forward progress problems as u said he promptly made a custom lift kit and trew on 39inch super swampers on it....thus ending any further forward progress halts
                  Now Driving A
                  1999 Mercury Mountaineer with the 5.0 V8 its also AWD..... Atleast I'm keeping it in the Mercury family right?

Comment

for a first car....i believe any panther would be a great starter as long as they are stock.

I started with a 87 mercury grand marquis and as i got older i put more performance parts on it to make it faster as i could afford it and after i gain experience driving. my brother has a 90 crown victoria for his first car. my mother drives a 96 mercury grand marquis, my father drives '89 townie

-They are extremely adaptable. With the right know how you can do just about anything to them. Which you have your father and he knows every damn thing about these cars. He can also teach you so listen up, and open your eyes. I can't even begin to describe, how invaluable being able to work on your own car is. You will save thousands!)

-there not to fast to begin with

-They are nice and big(good wide stance for stability, and well lets face it plenty of space in the back seat for your girlfriend and maybe one of her friends(ahhh memories lol))

-There's lots of open space for systems, and a nice thing about it. You really don't need a lot of powerfull stuff to sound good and loud.

-There beyond reliable.

-There are parts everywhere!
                    Now Driving A

Comment

Get a DSM. You will learn to wrench really quick. LOL No but any panther is a great first car. Tough as hell and big so you know how to park fast.
                      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Working...
                      X