Young's Auto Center, Dudley, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young's Auto Center, Dudley, NC

Was doing some recon do day and found a few interesting units.

A surprising find was an SHO Taurus (V6). I didn't notice it was an SHO and was startled when I raised the hood. Complete motor.
    Also came across a Mark VIII with a complete motor. Looked to be untouched.

Found one P72, a 91, 78 or 79 Wagon, I think and a few other oldies.
    And there is a P71 with the very nice set of front buckets there already unbolted. Obviously they were after something else. I understand the steering box is desirable as an upgrade for a box??

All the cars at this site are frame on ground, BTW. Getting anything from underneath would most likely be an unsafe ordeal.

I could only get a couple pics to upload, but there was a cool old fastback Galaxie, a Falcon body, and a couple giant Mark V's. I'll add them later if I can.

Anyhow, this yard has a $40 day each Saturday. If you can carry it across the length of their scales, you can take it.
    Attached Files

T.A. Malpass 83 LTD Crown Victoria P43

You should snag them corner lights one Saturday with everything else you get. Someone someday WILL be looking for them. And was that the wagon? Looks as if the bumper was replaced once.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yea, it kind of sucks when yards don't put there cars up on blocks/rims. Makes it so that you have to bring in a cumbersome Floorjack and a set of Jackstands to be able to harvest anything under the car.

I need that smooth front bumper! Looks like it has a nice size dent in it though.

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post

I need that smooth front bumper! Looks like it has a nice size dent in it though.
        Not to mention a $hit load of rust.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

You should snag them corner lights one Saturday with everything else you get. Someone someday WILL be looking for them. And was that the wagon? Looks as if the bumper was replaced once.
          Yup, that was the wagon. I'll keep those clears in mind.

I went today with brother in law. He needed some stuff for a couple of his cars. Man, it got hot. While we got several good things I got a nice dash pad for my 83, we eventually succumbed to the heat and the sand and my diabetes. Had to call it quits. I picked up the alternator of the P72. Mine on the 83 is knocking. I figured hwile I was there, I'd snatch it just in case it is good. The dash pad is dark grey, but it looks better than the ragged blue stocker. It'll be fine until I have it dyed to match.

I'll be going back for a white hood, header and fender for the 91.
          Also want to pick up some civilian carpet for the trunk and some better Ford emblems for the trunk. Also need a windshield for the 91 and there's a lot of good one's out there.

Need to get on of those big wheel wagons to pull mess out and haul tools.

The same box I got the dash from has the vent window doors. I like those and might make the switch some day.

Lots of fun! Even with the sunburn.

Comment

Originally posted by tamalpass View Post
            Yup, that was the wagon. I'll keep those clears in mind.

I went today with brother in law. He needed some stuff for a couple of his cars. Man, it got hot. While we got several good things I got a nice dash pad for my 83, we eventually succumbed to the heat and the sand and my diabetes. Had to call it quits. I picked up the alternator of the P72. Mine on the 83 is knocking. I figured hwile I was there, I'd snatch it just in case it is good. The dash pad is dark grey, but it looks better than the ragged blue stocker. It'll be fine until I have it dyed to match.

I'll be going back for a white hood, header and fender for the 91.
            Also want to pick up some civilian carpet for the trunk and some better Ford emblems for the trunk. Also need a windshield for the 91 and there's a lot of good one's out there.

Need to get on of those big wheel wagons to pull mess out and haul tools.

The same box I got the dash from has the vent window doors. I like those and might make the switch some day.

Lots of fun! Even with the sunburn.
            Nice sounded like a good time too bad it was cut short.

You can actually install the vent window yourself by using the current door on your car. Just harvest the vent windows and hardware for it, the dew wipes (or cut you current ones) the glass and window channel run. I know some have done it before. The hardest part is lining up the vent window to drill the three holes on top of the door frame.
            ~David~

Comment

nice finds is that 91 a 351 if so I would grab the ac bracket and the tv cable

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                nice finds is that 91 a 351 if so I would grab the ac bracket and the tv cable
                Yes, 351.

The AC System was already been taken, and I believe the bracket is gone as well.

The dash was intact so I might harvest the 140 speedo. That's look good in the wagon, eh?

Comment

OH, yeah, a spooky thing thay happened was while I was waiting for Scott to come back from a recon, I looked across a gully and saw a purty blue Explorer Sport just like one I had back in 2005. Closer I looked I became aware it WAS my old Explorer. Had the same dent on driver side front fender, same rust on both sodes, same step bars, and same Rancho shocks, and same broken shock mount on the driver front shock. Of course, the bullethole wheels were gone and the 5 speed tranny which I had rebuilt in 04.

Wierd.
                  Last edited by tamalpass; 07-05-2009, 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by tamalpass View Post
                    OH, yeah, a spooky thing thay happened was while I was waiting for Scott to come back from a recon, I looked across a gully and saw a purty blue Explorer Sport just like one I had back in 2005. Closer I looked I became aware it WAS my old Explorer. Had the same dent on driver side front fender, same rust on both sodes, same step bars, and same Rancho shocks, and same broken shock mount on the driver front shock. Of course, the bullethole wheels were gone and the 5 speed tranny which I had rebuilt in 04.

Wierd.
                    Did it bring back memories? I would feels so sad seeing a previous vehicle of mine sitting there waiting to be picked apart.
                    ~David~

Comment

let me know about the 140 speedo, I can sure use it...as well I pretty sure you can..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Did it bring back memories? I would feels so sad seeing a previous vehicle of mine sitting there waiting to be picked apart.
                        Yeah. Mainly what a dope I was for getting rid of it. I coulda put those rims on the Vicky. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                          let me know about the 140 speedo, I can sure use it...as well I pretty sure you can..LOL
                          I'll either use it or make it available here. Don't see too many 140's in waggins, I bet.

Ya know, this is a lot cheaper hobby than bikes. A full Corbin touring seat fro my Royal cost more than my both my Vics together....

Comment

Was this P71, as in '98-up police model? If so, you may want to try to find out if the steering box is any good.
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                              Was this P71, as in '98-up police model? If so, you may want to try to find out if the steering box is any good.
                              That was the first thing I looked at, but it was already removed. Car was pretty stripped.

Still would like to get the seats, but have to come up with something to haul them out. I can tote them the length of the scales, but I can't haul them a half mile in sand in 90 degree NC humidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X