Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its about time.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Air suspension pump fiasco.
      Bought a new air pump for the Navigator. Made it about 10k then died, and I needed to drive it. So I put the pump from the Tank into the Navigator. Ordered a replacement pump for the Navigator, and then the pump for the Marauder died last week. Last night, I installed the new pump in the Navigator. Took the bad pump out of the Marauder, installed the Tank's pump in the Marauder. Going to warranty the Navigators bad pump, and put that in the Tank when it comes in.
      The 21 year old part is performing the best........

It's about time for it to go into hibernation.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

And that's why I try and hoard OEM stuff where and when I find it in working condition. Aftermarket quality sucks, even when it comes in the OEM box.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Who's pumps failed? The one on the Conti is an Arnott, seems decent. I read enough bad things about pumps from everyone else that they seemed the least of the evils. Couldn't find a good used OE one. The original still ran, but the vent valve inside the compressor head disintegrated and the compressor itself was overall not in particularly good shape. Probably still fixable if I had a parts donor but I was in "fuck this, need the car off the bump stops" mode.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The shit one I got was from Cardone.
            The last one is a Dorman.
            So we'll see how long that pile lasts.
            I also saved the OE pump from the Navigator, and will probably attempt to rebuild that one day (i.e. never).

-ryan s.
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

"attempt to rebuild that one day"
              kinda like the fact I still have the OE starter from the 93 that just needs the solenoid replaced. Still haven't touched it 8 years later.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I've been driving it a little lately. Because I can, lol.
                New parking brake shoes showed up today. So that'll have to get done. Might even get into the battery relocation thing this weekend too. Or next week. We'll see.

I need 2 rims for it. I want to get the rears widened. But the current rear tires and rims are shit. One is the spare, and the other was replaced 13 years ago by Sears and it was a knock off and completely faded/corroded to shit. So I want widened rims for biggerer tires because boost.

-ryan s.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Bigger tires means bigger balls and I don’t know if you’re ready for that package..

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                  The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                  It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I bought a pair of widened Marauder wheels for it in March. They were widened 3" for a 12" wide wheel.
                    They. Are. Huge.

No meat on them yet. I also haven't really driven it since.........

Eh, It's hanging out in the garage.

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                    X