• Show
Clear All

We can agree to disagree.
    2000 Grand Marquis LS
    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
    Mercury Owners Group member
    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Originally posted by pollock View Post
      Ride quality is pretty subjective, so we can agree to disagree here. I changed from stock 15's to stock (Mustang) 17's. In my opinion it still does not handle great, but does handle SAFELY, which it did not with 15's. I can't imagine what a joke these cars would be with 14's.
      14" wheels were standard on an awful lot of cars for an awful long time!
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

as were 13 inch...
        2000 Grand Marquis LS
        2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
        1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
        1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
        Mercury Owners Group member
        Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

For a while, at least. Mustang IIs and Chevy Monzas, for example, came with 13" rims ... even the wild-looking '78 King Cobra!

Comment

Ride quality is pretty much a subjective thing. The ride quality changed when I went from the stock turbines to the 17" American Racing wheels, but it wasn't drastic. The wierd thing was after the Speedway spring swap I didn't notice much difference other than feeling more of the contour of the road rather than the bumps. In retrospect, I wish that I had gotten 17x8 American Racing wheels on all fours; I could use a bit more rubber.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
              14" wheels were standard on an awful lot of cars for an awful long time!
              "Awful" being the key word there, hehe. My first Mustang had the original 14's. I still have them in my shed, actually.... they will be in my next trip to the metal recycler.

As much as I love old cars, I feel no nostalgia whatsoever for some aspects of them. Drum front brakes, wheels smaller than 15", etc.

Comment

got a 69 valiant stored here with 13's.......panthers came with 14's all the way up to 85

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I got a 70 dodge dart here with the 14" wheels, handles great. Its not a very light car either.

Comment

175/80/13 on the valiant

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by pollock View Post
                      I feel no nostalgia whatsoever for some aspects of them, especially wonderful features such as drum brakes (front or rear), integral hub/rotor assemblies, horrid build quality, poor body drainage, and inexcusably tiny camshafts.
                      Fixed that.

Comment

Working...
                      X