No announcement yet.

My 1991 LTD Crown Victoria LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another little update....or things I have done since getting the car.

-adapted the battery braket to fit the (larger) battery that came with the car. Then said larger battery went bad.......LOL. I could have gotten the right size battery if I had realized this sooner. But....this led to me getting a nice die-hard gold series with a LOT more CCA than a stock sized battery would have....so I'm happy.

-tune-up: oil+filter/plugs+wires/cap+rotor/air filter/gas filter

-AC recharge and conversion to R-134a

-failed attempt at tranny service...half the pan bolts are stuck bad....I don't feel like twisting bolt heads off....and (fingers crossed) I'm not having any issues with the tranny. It ain't broke.....so I decided not to fix it. (and the fluid is still red too)

-New.......well rebuilt......power steering pump. (also replaced the low pressure line)

-New......well rebuilt.......starter.

-New belt (PS side) Old PS pump did a number on the old belt.

-Had the radiator flushed.....only to discover that 18 years of crud was the only thing keeping the seams from leaking........also had thermostat replaced.

-Soooo.....I put a new radiator in. Should have done that in the 1st place....ahhh well....at least the water jacket and heater core (hopfully) got a good flushing out.

Except for the radiator flush, all the work was done by me.
    Very satisfying doing it yourself.
    Former panther owner
    1981 CV 351 4bbl
    1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Congrats mang very nice wax & polishing work it worth it after see those results.
      MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

I've been meaning to update this.....
        .......and BTW, whoever nominated me for POTM thanks!
        I don't expect to win....but it's still cool just the same.

Since I last posted I've:

-installed a new waterpump (and hoses Lincolnmania)(LOL)

-had dual exhaust with an H-pipe and magnaflow mufflers put on

-switched to 98' lincoln town car wheels (lacy style?)

Last edited by andymac0035; 11-25-2009, 12:24 AM.
        Former panther owner
        1981 CV 351 4bbl
        1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Looks great!! Those rims look more like the style found on '95-'97 Town Cars.
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Thanks, and you know what? I think your right. Didn't the big brake upgrade happen in 98'? (these are 15x6.5)
            A friend of my F-I-L has a towing bussiness. He sometimes gets (free) cars to be brought to a junkyard, but for whatever reason they don't take the wheels (they would charge him to take them). So anyways I ended up with them. He said they were off a 98', but now I'm thinking it must have been a 97'.
            Former panther owner
            1981 CV 351 4bbl
            1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Looks great.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yes, '98 Panthers got the big brakes and Watt's linkage in the rear.
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

you would be driving flinstones style if a car of that age wasn't undercoated around here
                  Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

Originally posted by ÆJackacks View Post
                    you would be driving flinstones style if a car of that age wasn't undercoated around here
                    Yeah, they use rocksalt every winter around here. I don't think the old fella' that had it drove that much in the wintertime. Good thing because I don't think he undercoated it. But the underside is in good shape.
                    Former panther owner
                    1981 CV 351 4bbl
                    1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

I almost forgot......I took the ratty old hood insulation off.
                      When I first got the car there were tatter's of it hanging that I just tore off. After reading about how much oil and gunk was probably absorbed into it over the years I decided to remove it....and I glad I did. Looks like there were some tennants living in it while it sat for 2 years.......

Much better!
                      Former panther owner
                      1981 CV 351 4bbl
                      1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                        Yes, '98 Panthers got the big brakes and Watt's linkage in the rear.
                        I thought the 03 and later Panthers got the Watt's read end?

Looks good.
                        1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

looks nice mang!
                          mid 95-02 the front spindles and upper control arms are the same......the big brakes came along in 98 (those cars the big brake swap is a matter of hub bearings, rotors, calipers, brackets, and hoses) and of course 16" wheels....... the 16" wheel was an option on the townies starting in 95.........watts link came out in 98.........rack and pinion in 03

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

what magnaflows are those? got any vids?
                            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

They are 14" case, so must be model #11235

Former panther owner
                              1981 CV 351 4bbl
                              1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

What's that I see? POTM? Congratulations my friend.
                                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Working...
                                X