No announcement yet.

My 1991 LTD Crown Victoria LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, yours is completely different. The way you drilled your mounting holes, ramps were do-able. The OEM style is pretty much set-in-stone for where the holes need to be (as far as I know anyways).
    Former panther owner
    1981 CV 351 4bbl
    1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

You are right, I suppose you could move it towards the front of the car more, but that could make the bar hit the rear diff housing. on a side note I had to put the drill in a very precarious wrist breaking position to drill my holes, probably should have got it up higher.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Looks good. Nice and shiny..
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Boy, it's been a while since I posted on my RR.

I lost one of the centers for the lincoln wheels, put a spare one I had on there.... lost that one too......some of the (plastic) retaining clips were broken.

Then Thursday night I had the pleasure of a flat tire at about half-past midnight. I am soooo glad I keep a full-size spare and that the rain waited till after I finished to set in.

So it's been a rough week for the lincoln wheels.

The flat was up front (nice 1" gash in the sidewall)(NFC what I ran over). The fronts were a pair of 205/70/15's that were free...(my other tires are 215's). So I put a pair of the original steellie's up front and put the wheel covers on them.

Now I'm not sure which I like the looks of better now........

I like how the lincoln wheels "dish" inwards, the pattern/design is nice and I think they are 1/2" wider.
          But, they are a BITCH to clean and are not as bright/shiny as the wheel covers.

The steel wheels are the original ones and all 4 wheel covers have all their chrome and are nice and shiney (and are a LOT easier to clean). And while they do "dish" outwards, it kind-of matches the car.

I have 6 of the aluminum wheels (and 3 centers LOL)
          I have 4 of the steel wheels (and all 4 covers).

So I either need more centers (and would like to get ford ones if so), or 2 more steel wheels (I'm all set with tires)
          Last edited by andymac0035; 05-16-2010, 01:59 AM.
          Former panther owner
          1981 CV 351 4bbl
          1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

pssst :whispers: get HPP's
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Psstt, not this time mang, I gots to make do with what I gots.
              (but thanks for the input though)

Ahhh......no more white walls.

Former panther owner
              1981 CV 351 4bbl
              1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

I'm a fan of whitewalls, but that thing looks a lot better without them for some reason.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Same size tires just no whitewalls?
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

NO MORE WHITEWALLS????? It's ok I personally love them, but the car looks great without them. What are you running for tires. I just like the look of white wall/ white letter tires myself. the TC we have has some michellin thin line whitewall street tires, but the quote I got for those was $760 for all 4, and that is a bit much for rubber. I digress looks great as usual!
                    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Same size tires just no whitewalls?
                      Well, yes and no.......

I actually had 205's on the front before (they were free), now I have 215's up front.
                      The rears are 215 also, actually they are the same tires I had before, just dismounted/remounted blackwalls out.

Eventually I will have 225's on there.

JR-
                      I hear ya' the thin white walls are nice. Personally I do like white letters (a lot), but the clay around the yard makes keeping the tires looking clean a royal PITA....white anything on the sidewalls just draws attention to that.
                      Last edited by 87gtVIC; 05-21-2010, 01:57 PM.
                      Former panther owner
                      1981 CV 351 4bbl
                      1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by andymac0035
                        JR-
                        I hear ya' the thin white walls are nice. Personally I do like white letters (a lot), but the clay around the yard makes keeping the tires looking clean a royal PITA....white anything on the sidewalls just draws attention to that.
                        I hear you on that, I scrub mine once every week, after one rain storm the roads (even paved) turn them to shit.
                        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                          I digress looks great as usual!
                          Thanks........confession time......other that rinsing off the roadsalt, and mother nature raining on the car.......I havn't washed it this year.

Till now!
                          I washed her not once.....but twice, in preparation for some wax.

What's that you say?..........

Here we go.........

Former panther owner
                          1981 CV 351 4bbl
                          1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

More......

Last edited by andymac0035; 05-22-2010, 09:30 PM.
                            Former panther owner
                            1981 CV 351 4bbl
                            1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

That car has really nice paint on it.
                              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Wow man, Looking Great!

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                                351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                                duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Working...
                                X