broken clip or tong thing on brake pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broken clip or tong thing on brake pad

So on the inside brake pad the 3 tong things that go into the piston on the caliper, one of them broke off. Will it cause any problems if I just stick it in there and run it with 2 tongs? Also the same brake pad was about a quarter inch to wide to fit down into the holder area and I had to grind the ends of the metal off a little anyone ever have this from autozone brakes?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
    Big plans

Originally posted by 1980c10 View Post
    So on the inside brake pad the 3 tong things that go into the piston on the caliper, one of them broke off. Will it cause any problems if I just stick it in there and run it with 2 tongs? Also the same brake pad was about a quarter inch to wide to fit down into the holder area and I had to grind the ends of the metal off a little anyone ever have this from autozone brakes?

they way i drive i wouldn't risk it... pads are cheap
    Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

If they don't fit properly, get the right brake pad. They're too cheap to be worth the risk.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes, I have, sort of. I purchased front pads from autozone that came with so much of the braking material on them that they wouldnt even go on. The material was like 3/4 of an inch thick. They were the correct pads. I returned them and asked them if it was a joke, they advised that it happens every so often.
        Vehicle: 1965 Pontiac Catalina (fastback 2+2)
        Chasis: 1982 Ford LTD Country Squire
        Drivetrain: 302 V8 carb, AOD, 8.8 with 3.08 gears.
        Big Brake swap and front suspension completed.
        sigpic

Comment

Got it taken care of thanks guys

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
          Big plans

Comment

Working...
          X