No announcement yet.

1988 Lincoln TC Limo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you fail inspection for that, you're going to the wrong place. Don't believe everything the idiots at the state funded inspection facility tell you. They're employees of a company that won a government contract, probably by placing the lowest bid. Always keep that in mind.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      For the fender mounts YES, for the under body mounts SORTA. you will have to drill and tap two holes on the drivers side bulkhead. The passengers side does bolt right in though. Check out LTDman83's Big Red project for info on both.
      Awesome thanks!!

Quick question though...not to thread jack but... He mentioned there is a proper way to drill and tap the frame as to not cause future stress fractures, anything special i should know about or anyone can chime in about? Usual drilling/tapping is pretty straightforward haha...
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
        Awesome thanks!!

Quick question though...not to thread jack but... He mentioned there is a proper way to drill and tap the frame as to not cause future stress fractures, anything special i should know about or anyone can chime in about? Usual drilling/tapping is pretty straightforward haha...

I am not sure so just PM Brandon to find out. I am sure he will be more than happy to tell you.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It better a QVM model if u can find them & to answer your ? Limo did come in 3:55`s K codes..
          2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
          85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
          07 JCL 250 A Scooter
          79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
            The braces I was talking about is the crossmember brace. The other two pairs of braces on each end of the car might be a no no in NJ if they're not factory installed. A friend had some trouble with his Nova after welding some support braces for the rear frame. The a'hole at the inspection station told him that NJ doesn't allow welding on the frame of the car. I thought that was kinda strange, but my father said they used to say the same thing back in the day. Though I wonder if you can claim it was factory installed on the CV. I also don't remember getting any flack about the front frame welding job on the Malibu. Ah f' it, I go to private inspection stations anyways, so I could probably get away with it.

Packman
            Here if the frame isn't welded by a certified welder and you get caught your car is off the road. Problem is, if its not done properly you can weaken the frame. This could be the problem in NJ as well.
            1990 LTD Crown Vic w/ dead 5.0
            1984 Pontiac 6000 cammed 2.5L Iron Duke
            1986 F-150 300 6cyl 5spd.
            1994 Crown Vic... Free, bad trans?

Comment

I know later boxes have some under braces. 88+. I think I might do this as well, the stronger, the better. I have been meaning to grab those crossmember braces. Paint the welds when they're done, problem solved. I plan on learning to weld at scottfest, what a more perfect demonstration than my own car?
              Last edited by 86VickyLX; 07-27-2009, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                I plan on learning to weld at scottfest, what a more perfect demonstration than my own car?
                Hate to brake it too you but he aint coming anymore. he found a job and it conflicted with SF09
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Hate to brake it too you but he aint coming anymore. he found a job and it conflicted with SF09
                  Shit Well that blows my plan out of the sky.

Comment

FAIL.... Jay has a welder john...wink wink
                    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

You might wanna think about getting the springs somewhere else. It took me a while to find a pair of limo springs that hadn't been worn out. The passenger side springs might sit an inch or so lower than the driver's side because it takes a lot more abuse, due to passenger side entry/exit, and the way the engine torques the axle. If you're looking for stiffer springs, any Ford dealership can get a pair of NEW springs from the compressed natural gas Crown Victoria. They'll fit just fine, and be just as stiff because the CNG cars had to carry the 200 pound tank right over the axle, yet ride at the same height. I used them in my 99 Vic, and at a cost of $78.00, I couldn't have been happier. Just an alternate route for you to consider.

"No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." -Sir William

2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited- Black on black, ADTR sway bars, 19" Mustang GT rims, Heinous rear control arms, dual exhaust with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. MHS Stage 2 heads/cams, 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Accufab plenum, Stainless Works long tube headers, Ford Racing 24# injectors. ADTR T56 swap with Hurst shifter. 264HP/298TQ at the rear wheels.

Comment

Working...
                      X