Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thanks, It just wasn't giving me an option to do it on IE at school. Also the search terms had code showing before them. Like color= then the hexidecimal code and what not. Again this was only the IE on the school pcs, Firefox displays it fine.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Ah thanks, I forgot a parenthesis in the color code. Dunno why Firefox has no problem with it but IE doesn't know what to do. I tried the calendar thing in IE, it worked for me, must be something goofy somewhere.
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Yeah weird, must be schools protocol or some crap. Evey thing is fine now at home.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

The stacked sponsor banner links sucks. They were much better side-by-side.

If they're actually set to side-by-side but display as stacked with screen sizes smaller than 5000x8000, the banners need to be shrunk so they fit on at least a 1024x768, because that's the biggest most of us are going to run our screen sizes. Heck, there are probably some stragglers still using 800x600, and they're liable to have a really lousy time of it.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post

If they're actually set to side-by-side but display as stacked with screen sizes smaller than 5000x8000, the banners need to be shrunk so they fit on at least a 1024x768, because that's the biggest most of us are going to run our screen sizes. Heck, there are probably some stragglers still using 800x600, and they're liable to have a really lousy time of it.
            As one moron douche of an ex-member once said: "Get a new monitor" when his sig was way too big.

J/K of course. We will look into it. Problem is, we'd be giving our sponsors short change by shrinking their banners. Good sponsors, are they. Chris at ADTR offers good products at a good price as well as helps pay to keep the site going. RockAuto gives us a good discount on parts too But perhaps there's a way to fix it to keep everybody happy!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Interesting info; hadn't realized the sponsors exercised precise control over the size, etc. of their banners.

I do seem to recall Get A New Monitor Boy. That wasn't Curtains, was it?

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post

Any chance I could get a screenshot of what the banners look like on your screen? When i redid them to add the adtr one i checked with scott, who runs 1024x768 and finally got it looking right on his. This is what it should look like, but with less space on the sides for smaller monitors.
                Attached Files

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Here's my 1024*768. Any idea why mine and Scott's should look different?

I do notice that on yours, the two banners together are wider than the regular site header, which of course does display correctly.
                  Attached Files

Comment

1920x1200 ftw!

1052 wide is where my firefox keeps the banners side by side. 1051 puts them top and bottom. Someone running 1024x768 has no chance. Using firefox 3.6.3 btw.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

3.6.3 here too

Comment

Banners taking up too much horizontal space?

This screenshot is with browser maximized at 1024x600 resolution on a small widescreen, but obviously the width issue would be identical at the still-common 1024x768. Oddly, I don't recall the banner doing this when the current header graphic was first introduced.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm running 1024X768 on the computer I'm on and it's displaying correctly. I set the parameters for the new banner to still work with 1024X768 and up resolutions. I'm not sure what's going on, but 1024 is 1024 no matter if it's 1024X600 or 1024X768. The width is the same for both.
                          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Wait, I think I know what the problem is. I think your browser is zoomed in a little. Try hitting Ctrl - and see what happens. If it didn't used to show that way and now it does that's the only thing I can think of.
                            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Buy a bigger monitor!

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                                Wait, I think I know what the problem is. I think your browser is zoomed in a little. Try hitting Ctrl - and see what happens. If it didn't used to show that way and now it does that's the only thing I can think of.
                                dangit, you're right. I selected "Reset" under the zoom menu and it's fine. I'd been positive it'd been unzoomed, too .....

Comment

Working...
                                X