Just bought a new (to me) 2001 GM. Then my hopes are deflated to find out that our cars are underpowered compared to thier Mustang cousins. A few questions.
1. where does the difference come from other than the obvious HP killer 2" single exhaust? I know that all PI heads are the same and have always thought the cams and intake from PI engines were also equal.
2. How much aftermarket is there for these lovable land yachts? I cannot find a cat-less/off-road mid pipe anywhere. Only to use for track duty . . . of course.
3. Has anyone switched to a Mustang stye upper intake? i would assume that relocating the battery to say, the trunk, would open up the right side of the engine bay to take advantage of a buffet of available aftermarket parts.
4. what is the J Mod? i've always had a stick except my expedition and do not know what this is or benifits/drawbacks of it.
5. anyone know of any Terminator (03-04 cobra motor) swaps? I think these beautiful cars deserve a beautiful motor.
Thanks for the warm welcome, i'm getting all the maintanance caught up on the ole girl and want to learn and help as much as possible.