Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    You got the wire wheel hubcaps?
    Yes..is there something that usually goes on with them? I found a teeny tiny pebble in the tread, had to dig it out, but the clicking is still there.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
      Yes..is there something that usually goes on with them? I found a teeny tiny pebble in the tread, had to dig it out, but the clicking is still there.
      Me thinks that they just squeak and annoy the owner.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I had suspected that as a possibility. If it's just the way it is, I'm fine with it, I just had hoped it was something stuck in there.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

prob seizing lock motor or bent lock rod. Those sliding locks suck balls.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Rear pass. side door rattles because the weather strip is worn quite a bit and there are some chunks of it missing. Windows like P72Ford said. Something on or in the front suspension rattles as well, after six years I still can't seem to locate it.

Packman

Comment

well i confirmed that one little noise is coming from the regulator. It happens when the window is fully closed and everything is stressed from the motor pushing the window up. If i back it off it them makes no noise over bumps.

who knows...i may swap in my spare regulator and hope that it solves the problem.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                well i confirmed that one little noise is coming from the regulator. It happens when the window is fully closed and everything is stressed from the motor pushing the window up. If i back it off it them makes no noise over bumps.

who knows...i may swap in my spare regulator and hope that it solves the problem.
                Funny, I have a situation where the windows rattle when they're open but are quiet when closed!
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                  Funny, I have a situation where the windows rattle when they're open but are quiet when closed!
                  nobody is safe!
                  ~David~

Comment

I got a little rattling noise when my blower motor is on in the 09. I might just take it to the dealer and tell them to fix it
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

brand new cars should be silent...leave the rattling up up to the old ones.
                      ~David~

Comment

Alot of cars make little noises. If you worry about every one of them, you are going to put yourself into an early grave. Cars are meant to be driven, and thats what you should do with them; dont worry about every little squeak and rattle. I used to be like that. Now I say fuck it; put the pedal on the floor, and drive it.

Drive something with the intention to maintain it, and use it for as long as possible. But don't be retarded about it.
                        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I think once my damn car is put back together it will be silent and i can stop pulling out my hair over trying to find every tap, crack and rattle.
                          ~David~

Comment

And then you'll do the 6BT swap like them folks with that '70s Monte Carlo, and you'll have so much rattle you'll just stop worrying about everything

Comment

I am getting headaches just thinking about that.
                              ~David~

Comment

Working...
                              X