No announcement yet.

wifes wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is that trans fluid in the coolant? is the rad damaged?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

nope, just nasty brown. coolant has probably never been flushed
      f/s modded 99 s10 - $3500, F/s 90 accord - $450, f/s 84 Cutlass $2200, parting out another 90 accord
      86 LTD wagon - wifes back up car
      slammed 86 pontiac wagon - back up dd
      79 fairmont - DD

Comment

This seat work is pretty amazing! I can build an engine and install a transmission, but upholstery has usually been a mystery to me.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

it's some what of a mystery to her to. like i said i would have just installed it and net made it fold down, but she wanted that luxury still she knows we will need to fold down at some point and time. i will pass the comments on to her

oh and i forgot to mention this car only has 78,000 on it!
          f/s modded 99 s10 - $3500, F/s 90 accord - $450, f/s 84 Cutlass $2200, parting out another 90 accord
          79 fairmont - DD

Comment

ok i got to finally do some work on this car. well ok, me and my dad got in some much needed bonding time, and spent the entire day (my bday non the less) under her car. The brake line broke under the drivers door, so it was replaced for most of the entire lenght. Both u joints were replaced, tail shaft seal was replaced, tranny fluid and filter changed (that was some super clean fluid). what didn't get done was the brake fluid didn't get drained (it's black), and bleed, rear pinon seal wasn't replaced (not a big enough socket), u joints didn't get greased (no grease gun), and radiator flushed. wife is currently sewing up the rear seat right as i write, and should be able to install that tomarrow. i work long weekends, so nothing will get done till tuesday.
            79 fairmont - DD

Comment

Congrats on the "new" wagon.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

thanks, the poor red one was traded off for a grand am that i sold for 900 (got my money back on both wagons total there), then my buddy decided it was raod worthy still, so he traded it off for $300 and a chevette ready to derby, i then saw it BACK up on Craigslist again lol
                http://dayton.craigslist.org/cto/1362956593.html
                79 fairmont - DD

Comment

Funny. Call it the wagon that just won't die!
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

hah yea. oh and the REAR SEAT IS DONE WOOOOOOHOOOO
                    IT"S INSTALLED WOOOHOOOOO
                    AND!
                    IT'S FULLY FUNTIONABLE fold down and arm rest! DOUBLE WOOOHOOOO

and boy does it look good
                    wish i could show you but i forget how to post pics any more....
                    79 fairmont - DD

Comment

you guys are just not any fun! i though i would have had pics or die posts lol

also did some work on the grill

Enigma - did you weld your holes, or just fill them?
                      79 fairmont - DD

Comment

Nice job on the grill and that's some serious time on the seats. They came out well.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

looks great!
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

YAY FRONT SEATS

how they looked

a LOT of time went into these as well. lots of cutting, and the wife HAND sewed the piping back in (needle though plastic, and no thimble... ouch)

here's is one in at 12:00 last night

and the second one in with console! WOOT

in a few short hours will will be on our journey dayton ohio to spokane washington look for us on the road! blue and gray primer
                            79 fairmont - DD

Comment

ooo i like that a lot. Was it difficult to chop those pieces of the seat off?
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yes there was acutally a lot of time with a hack saw involved with where the arm rest bolts into. almost 1/4 think around it! but it is so worth it. wife went out there this morning was like damn this car looks so much better

on a great note we made it to washinton state. bad news, i think the injectors are shot. going up hill it just spits and spudders, barely has any power, and you can start smelling gas. that is my guess, and i'm worried about having to do the mts again on the way back to ohio. can't really afford 400 for injectors though
                                79 fairmont - DD

Comment

Working...
                                X