No announcement yet.

official less than week till sf headcount thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna be really late friday or most likely sat morning. Got some changes in plans for friday.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      I wouldn't go that way. I know the 78 to 61 part, and its crap. 78 is a nice interstate, but 61 is two lane through a bunch of towns. Lots of stop lights, lots of sub-55 zones, lots of traffic at times.
      Thats the way i am coming. wasnt busy at all last time i traveled it.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

skippyville is a 5 hour pleasure cruise up 81 after a few windy mountains for me.
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

it takes forever to get out of va on I 81
          I take I 270 to route 15 to I 83 to I 81

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

61 sucks. 78 can too, its very unpredictable.
            1996 Mercury Grand Marquis - duals, PI cams, PI intake, J-Mod, MZT, BOC tune, 3.55s, 18in wheels
            1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero - 5.0 HO T5 Fun Cruiser
            http://www.supermotors.net/users/tmm313

Comment

Originally posted by tim marks View Post
              61 sucks. 78 can too, its very unpredictable.
              yeah it takes forever on I 78 from jersey

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                I wouldn't go that way. I know the 78 to 61 part, and its crap. 78 is a nice interstate, but 61 is two lane through a bunch of towns. Lots of stop lights, lots of sub-55 zones, lots of traffic at times. The rest of that route I don't know but dumping straight off 81 is dead simple and pretty much guaranteed to not hit any appreciable traffic. Interstates are boring as hell sometimes, but they do get you where you're going.

If you really do want to run on 78 at some point, I can give you alternate directions that avoids all of 61, but it can be slightly confusing. Probably adds a few miles to the trip as well, and it involves a nice fuel sucker mountain to climb.
                Thanks for the warning. I guess I'll tough it out on 84-81. The last time I traveled that road, I had no radio, and a resonating shift knob... This time shouldn't be that bad. Actually, I don;t have anything against 81. Its the bullshit of nothing to see on 84.

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Thats the way i am coming. wasnt busy at all last time i traveled it.
                Now you've done it. Jinxed. Traffic is going to be backed up all the way to your door step.
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

After today, ONE DAY LEFT!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                    Thanks for the warning. I guess I'll tough it out on 84-81. The last time I traveled that road, I had no radio, and a resonating shift knob... This time shouldn't be that bad. Actually, I don;t have anything against 81. Its the bullshit of nothing to see on 84.

Now you've done it. Jinxed. Traffic is going to be backed up all the way to your door step.
                    x1 to I 84 being nothing there maniliy throgh new york
                    same thing with I 85 through north carolina and va

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                      :stfu1: dammit. You could be right though Nate. The Whitestone and Throgs Neck bridge are both in horrible condition lately. I live a block away from the Whitestone, and i see both bridges through my houses windows. I hope it is smooth sailing for me though.
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

gettin 4 new sneakers on the towny tommorow........v rated too!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

I am getting all ancy counting down the hours....
                            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                              gettin 4 new sneakers on the towny tommorow........v rated too!
                              So, uh... you plan on using the v rated capabilities this weekend?
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

i doubt i will ever exceed the speed rating.....just wanted some good tires.....hope i made a good choice

should have most of the fleet functioning.....all cept the volvo

oh guys bring chairs for yourselves

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                                X