Would a '92 F150 be of any use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would a '92 F150 be of any use?

I got a response to my ad looking for 5.0 parts for the HO upgrade and the guy has a 92 F150 with a 302 and he'll sell it for $150...I'm kinda thinking it's a rotten piece of shit based on the price, but if he's nearby I might go check it out.

Anything in that truck worth taking?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

...it's an extended cab, too, btw. doubt if that matters.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

e7 heads.

Comment

the reply i got:

Truck is wore out. 400k on motor and rings or guides are wore out...its smokes cold and warm. Auto Tranny. Truck runs and moves.

Also have another 92 with about 300k 5spd, it runs. Same price

Bodies rotten on both and no papers.

Take care
        sigpic

Comment

Honestly if you're looking to upgrade, I'd try and skip past the stock E7 head and get something better if possible,. That said, you can find E7 heads and 19# injectors in a truck.

**edit** skip them. Not worth the price of the scrap metal.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I think I'll keep looking for something a little less used
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              Honestly if you're looking to upgrade, I'd try and skip past the stock E7 head and get something better if possible,. That said, you can find E7 heads and 19# injectors in a truck.

**edit** skip them. Not worth the price of the scrap metal.

Thanks, I knew about the heads and injectors but wasn't sure about anything else. The trucks will sit and rot a little longer
              sigpic

Comment

With 400K on the engine, I'm surprised to see that the heads still have intact valves in them....

The only thing worth a darn on the Truck 5.0's is the intake manifold....and it doesn't fit under a CV hood anyway....or does it? Port the lower, and it becomes a phenomenal intake manifold.

Comment

Working...
                X