• Show
Clear All

drag racing

we just got back
    i raced my 91 mark vii.........my best was 16.08

gadget73 raced his 86 town car.........thains best was a 16.05

tim marks raced his 96 grand marquis........tims best was a 16.90

tim marks wife raced his 84 grand marquis.......19.40 iirc

i had a good time.......got to run my car down the track 4 times.......had some kickass food there that's decently priced, and thanks to be breaking out in the first round of eliminations, tim marks got to get into the second round
    i hear sal playing with his various noisemakers.........i hope someone took pictures, cause i forgot

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Damn sounds like a good time! That track was by far the neatest track I've been to. It was like hidden valley ranch or some shit.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

yup it is sort of nestled in the middle of a big corn field lol...
      lots of fast mustangs there... the announcer made a 'cash for clunkers' joke when our cars came up
      maybe next year I'll see what the 85 can do
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

How gay. Our cars are like the rodney dangerfield of cars. No respect.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

probably in reference to my 20 second car.....lol

it was a good time though, im excited for next year.
          1996 Mercury Grand Marquis - duals, PI cams, PI intake, J-Mod, MZT, BOC tune, 3.55s, 18in wheels
          1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero - 5.0 HO T5 Fun Cruiser
          http://www.supermotors.net/users/tmm313

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
            How gay. Our cars are like the rodney dangerfield of cars. No respect.
            After I left your house and I saw a black pickup setup like the repo trucks drive past twice with a Mercury van, and an old crown vic, with C4C on the back window
            sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
            [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
            [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
            [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

Originally posted by The Famous Lee View Post
              After I left your house and I saw a black pickup setup like the repo trucks drive past twice with a Mercury van, and an old crown vic, with C4C on the back window
              It was probably my brother in law. He does a lot of the repos for the fort and northern Indiana.
              1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
              2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X