Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First real photo shoot of 2009, August 9... 56K warning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First real photo shoot of 2009, August 9... 56K warning!

Well, as the title states, this is my first actual photo shoot of the car all year! Keep in mind half of the year I was prepping and sanding, finishing up all my body work and getting the doors and fenders straightened back out.

So here she is, fresh black paint and '79 tails, grille, and re-restored parking '79 parking lamps. I didn't like the black on the inside of them nearly as much, so back to silver they went. There is also a new set of round mirrors I custom fit onto the car for that more classic look, and an adjustable height antenna that I also custom fit to work on the car. V8 emblem was relocated from the front fenders to a single one on the trunk. I had to get a "Ford Racing" license frame though, needed some more chrome on the ass end lol.

I also removed the center caps off of the slot mags and put all new lugs on the wheels while I was it. It had a pretty badly mis-matched set on there ever since I got the wheels back in 2004. Took a bristle brush mounted on a drill and a lot of Never-Dull to get them looking good under the original caps.

If we decide to do a 2010 GMN Calendar, consider these all runner-up's for it. Made sure to get nice large photos this time around.

Well, here she is... enjoy!

1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
    1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
    1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

Looking good, as always!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

That has to be one of if not the sexiest Panthers, awesome. All it needs is a window tint and you're golden.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Looks great! but.. uhhh... whats with the rear bumper?
          1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
          2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
          sigpic

Comment

Yea... I was rear-ended a few years back pretty good lol. I can't find any replacements that are in better shape though, and the only way that thing is coming off is if I cut it off. The bolts are stripped and have become part of the bumper itself. Everyone keeps telling me to just get another one, but, well, easier said than done.

I actually do have tint, but it's only 35% tint. It's enough to keep me satisfied, lol.

I went and took a few interior shots tonight, decided to post them too!

Comment

Gorgeous! and I love the steerin' wheel
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Very nice!

Just unbolting the rubber blocks from the front bumper worked better than I would have expected. Maybe I should try that with one of my nicer bumper covers (the Merc one that came with the Vic).
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Hard to speak when when I'm choking on my own drool. Beautiful car mang!!!!

Packman

Comment

Thanks guys!

My next plan is probably to switch out the Dynomax Ultraflo's for a set of Flowmaster 40 Series 2-chamber mufflers, might even put the exhaust out to the back.

Re-installing my air shocks in the back sometime soon too.

Comment

That thing is bad.
                      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Nice floor mats. They are actually big enough to be useful. Where did you get them? Liking the interior color as well. Any way to straighten the rear bumper out? The chrome looks real good on it still. You know, when I had the 2-Chamber Flows, my first choice would have been Dynomax Race Magnums or Ultraflo's. Odd to see someone wanting to do the exact opposite, lol.

Comment

Looking shiny. Those floor mats are in the way of the "go" pedal smashing the floorboard.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

nice

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by murphmobile2 View Post
                              Yea... I was rear-ended a few years back pretty good lol. I can't find any replacements that are in better shape though, and the only way that thing is coming off is if I cut it off. The bolts are stripped and have become part of the bumper itself. Everyone keeps telling me to just get another one, but, well, easier said than done.
                              There is a MINT '83 Mark VI in the Harry's U-Pull-It yard, it has a beautiful rear bumper, the kind that has the huge backup lights on both sides of the license plate, looks like this:

Comment

Working...
                              X