Thanks, Everyone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Everyone...

I had another great Scottfest experience this year. I wish my stay could have been longer, but you know how that goes...

I set a personal best time record for the drive on the way home; dropped Nick off at his house, and was home by 10:15. Thats about a 3.5-3.75 hour trip to my house; my previous best was 4 hours.

I really enjoyed meeting some new folks (Ivan, Phil, David, and others I can't recall now), and catching up with the "veterans". I have to confess that yesterday morning I was feeling pretty sick, especially when we were going to the junkyard. At lunch I felt very whoosy... but after walking around the yard a little and checking out some cars, I felt better. The ride back to Scott's in the back of Thain's car was good too. As Tim said, "this is unbelievable" regarding the ride comfort.

The brewery tour was fun and interesting; I really liked the caves. Centralia was cool to see again, and I enjoyed overheating the brakes in the Ram driving through the mountains. The route we took was fantastic this year, Scott.

It was also nice to have some Mark VII guys come out. I met Tim at Tom's meet in March, and it was good to see him again. That Currant Red LSC was gorgeous...

I didn't get to try the fried Turkey, but the steaks were fantastic, and there were plenty of goodies and libations. Skip's dangerous grape juice was good too...

Good times... thanks everyone! Maybe next year I'll bring a vehicle that blends in better (I heard a Mark VII guy ask who had the Ram...), and hopefully I can stay longer.

Thanks again!
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

You live closer to Scott than I do to my mom! You suck!

Sounds like everyone had a great time. Maybe one day I'll make it out there if I have a few hundred bucks and several days to blow and am willing to drive around 10 hours solo one way, or else can rope Greg and/or the other Nat into coming along.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Its 280 miles door to door. However, because I drove to and from Nick's house as well, it was more like 320.

Plus, I was doing 85 quite a bit...
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
        Plus, I was doing 85 quite a bit...
        :lol: Gotcha ...

I'm told it's possible to make it from Chicago to Detroit in around 2.5 or 3 hours ... :evil:
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Hopefully next year I can make the 12 hour drive...
          sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
          [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
          [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
          [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

I need to try this "Dangerous grape juice". Skip!
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

scottfest is not over yet.......pete, david, ivan and myself just got back from harrys u-pull-it...........picked apart a mint 83 mk6 four door.......got a perfect door, nice weatherstriping, and 4 door panels.......ivan and i gotta go back for the seats this week.......larry from the lincoln mark vii club dripped off a set of bill blass seats and wire wheels off for me.......just gettin ready to grill the last of the steaks and sausages

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Well, I might be able to make a road trip out of it next year, and pick up some people along the way, as I plan on getting a hell of a lot of problems sorted out by well before that time. This is the third SF in a row that I've missed, all thanks to Jon.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                  I need to try this "Dangerous grape juice". Skip!
                  Skip gave me a jar of it.

Comment

thanks for everything as well guys It was a great time. it was great to meet new mangs as well. nate I got to post that pic of you sitting in side the ram after you woke up lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Yup, was a great time. Wish I could have found some more parts for my cars.

When I left, took me quite some time to catch Gabe. He made it to Dillsburg before I caught up. Was getting gas when I blew by.
                      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

yeah Nate thats some nice carpet padding in there... do they make some kind of rain fly you can use with the bed cover up? That would be sweet... I guess you could always fashion one out of something.
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                          Yup, was a great time. Wish I could have found some more parts for my cars.

When I left, took me quite some time to catch Gabe. He made it to Dillsburg before I caught up. Was getting gas when I blew by.
                          yeah i had a quarter of a tank when I filled up. I always get tired driving along that stretch of 15 from dillsburg to bigglerville. I ended up taking a cat nap at the rest stop at emmitsburg lol I did not get home close to 1 am.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Nice seeing those of you I've met before, and nice meeting anyone I hadn't. I needed some bullshit time, and this did the job. Sometimes its nice not having big project plans on your days off.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hell yeah - regular days off Im usually doing yard work or other responsible things... it was nice to just lounge around, drink beer, eat meat and get dirty, all while being immersed in the largest concentration of all things box panther.
                              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                              sigpic
                              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
                              X