I'm new, so hi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new, so hi.

Hello! I'm new to the forums, obviously, or else I wouldn't be posting this. I'm Amy and I'm 21 years old. I've got an '89 Grand Marquis (bet you couldn't have guessed) named Lovely Rita that I am madly in love with. She's a beauty, in almost perfect shape with only approx. 67k miles on her. She's also a 50th Anniversary Edition, #19 to roll off the assembly line.

This isn't my first Grand Marquis, either. My very first car ever, that I bought for $500 when I was 17 and fresh out of drivers ed, was another '89, affectionally called Sexy Sadie. I drove her until her alternator started to go, and ended up selling her for $100 and getting a '99 Mercury Cougar instead. I traded in the Cougar for a '98 Ford Taurus wagon, the Taurus died, and here I am, back where I started, and I couldn't be happier with my car.

Here's a photo of Lovely Rita and I in my best friend's driveway:

Welcome, we're glad to have you. Nice looking car, too!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Welcome, and Great car
      sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
      [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
      [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
      [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

Hopefully we can fix you up so you won't get rid of another car just because the alternator's going.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Howdy! Nice to see a girl into these cars! We'll help ya keep ol Rita around for years to come.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Welcome!
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Aww, thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!

I knew I was foolish to get rid of my first MGM because of the alternator issue but at the time I figured that it would cost as much as the car did to replace the alternator. After I got the Cougar (which, ironically, the alternator really *did* go in) I realized that parts for a late 80's Ford product would have been dirt cheap, and I could've gotten a friend to help me replace it free of charge. Oh well. You know what they say about hindsight...

Comment

Greetings, and welcome...

Now.

Sitting on the hood?

:nonono:
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                  Greetings, and welcome...

Now.

Sitting on the hood?

:nonono:
                  She's a tough girl, she can take it. Plus, I don't weigh that much, and I've yet to leave a dent or any scratches from sitting there.

Comment

More often you will find the things that I say should not be taken seriously...

Its always good to have another New England member.
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

More often you will find the things that I say should not be taken seriously...

Its always good to have another New England member.
                      Aha, duly noted. I'm glad, too, because the hood of my car is one of my favorite places to perch.

Whereabouts in New England are you from?

Comment

North Central, CT.

Comment

North Central, CT.
                          Right on. I used to live in western Mass, so I spent a considerable amount of time in CT.

Comment

Welcome! im from northern mass myself...

Comment

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X