new project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new project

cleaned out the back of my wagon and found holes and was shocked to find one of my bodymounts total gone what a pain this will be to fix.i got to see if the body flexed and got to measure body hight from frame so i can get a hight to make a new bodymount point this really sucks cause the gas tank is right there and this is my daily driver and cant let it sit so this will
    be a nightmare for me. gotta love these cars
    Attached Files

wow, where the hell do you live? That car has some major rust issues from the repairs I've seen you make.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

holy crap dude...iv seen worse, actually my 81 merc is worse, was so.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

holy shit mang good luck

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

more pictures
          Attached Files

Comment

the rear left pan had dropped about half inch i had to put a jack underneath the pan to raise it up an then welded it up not as bad as i thought it would be.now i have to make a body mount point which im still figuring out thats why i stopped where i did.
            Last edited by rellik god; 08-19-2009, 11:33 PM.

Comment

holy crap!
              nice werk!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by rellik god View Post
                the rear left pan had dropped about half inch i had to put a jack underneath the pan to raise it up an then welded it up not as bad as i thought it would be.now i have to make a body mount point which im still figuring out thats why i stopped where i did.
                ask scott he did the body mounts on mike's wagon

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Neat. I've seen a few others rust the same way.
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

You are getting lots of experience through restoring that wagon.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i wanted lots of experience doing suspension and drivetrain work but having a rusted car dosent help any.gotta love these cars

Comment

got old mount out lined up hole and made my mounting piece.now i got to get the nut and hold down piece on.i also noticed that the rear frame is only tied together buy the bumper. got to make a cross brace for that
                        Attached Files

Comment

more pics
                          Attached Files

Comment

You welding with self shield flux wire? What size wire and what settings you runnin? the welds kinda look like bird poo mang. You need to up your voltage or turn down the wire speed. I'm sure it was blowing through which might be why you turned the volts down to compensate. All thats doing is making it blob up into turds. Its not fully penetrating the steel either.

When welding patches in, make small tacks or very short welds in different areas to keep distortion out. With SS Flux wire thats a bitch because you need to clean the slag out before you weld it or it will look like swiss cheese. A true mig really shines in that app. If you are on a vert, weld it down always and use gravity to your advantage. Hope that helps a little, will save you a bit of clean up time and make it look better.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                            My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

thanks for the advice im not a welder this is a learning process for me. any help and advice dose me good. it is flux core 35 from home depot the settings i believe were 40 wire speed and 40 volts i dont have gas so there was some blow through might be because its the metal is less then 24 guage and on the welder theres no speed or volts for welding with flux core for that type of steel and welding where old metal is thin dosent help

Comment

Working...
                              X