No announcement yet.

Twin turbo 306 Towncar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's the car run now? Probably moves pretty good...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
      How's the car run now? Probably moves pretty good...
      Oh its pretty good, needs more gear down low though. 0-60 beat a 5 speed 2002 Mustang 3.8L by a car length. Hung with an s2000 1st gear pull 20-60 then he pulled away.
      1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Updates?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
        Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
          Interesting ideas here. I had a turbo idea for my future as well, but my only problem would be the underhood placement of the turbos, intercooler, and all the piping...

Thoughts?
          LMAO no room....A powerstroke IC fits perfectly, a huge turbo (holset H1C) fits without any problems...Hell, even the powerstroke IC tubes line up to the panther TB!
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by 89LincolnTWNcar View Post
            Oh its pretty good, needs more gear down low though. 0-60 beat a 5 speed 2002 Mustang 3.8L by a car length. Hung with an s2000 1st gear pull 20-60 then he pulled away.
            A 2K stall is good for a stock lopo... You need more. 2400 or better.

Comment

Not a whole lot going on, still rabblerousing the cash and looking in the yards for mass air stuff.
              1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Originally posted by 89LincolnTWNcar View Post
                Not a whole lot going on, still rabblerousing the cash and looking in the yards for mass air stuff.
                I got an 80mm Mark 8 MAF I can sell you cheap...
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                  I got an 80mm Mark 8 MAF I can sell you cheap...
                  Will that work with any mustang mass air computer and any injectors or do they need to be 24lbs, or will it all have to be tuned to run?

Comment

any MAF meter outside of the stock Mustang MAF will need to be tuned to run correctly.
                    stock mark 8 meters are calibrated for 24lb injectors, I have one left over from the MAF conversion I did.
                    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

I've got a spare 80mm with harness I picked up at the junkyard for 5 bucks..

MAF's aren't "calibrated" for injectors. ECU's are calibrated for injectors and MAF's.

Comment

Originally posted by Titanius Anglesmith View Post
                        LMAO no room....A powerstroke IC fits perfectly, a huge turbo (holset H1C) fits without any problems...Hell, even the powerstroke IC tubes line up to the panther TB!
                        Pics?
                        sigpic
                        https://www.facebook.com/jason.baker.1614
                        1985 P43 Crown Vic, "Lightning Interceptor". Project is back on!
                        1987 P72 Crown Vic, EFI 351W (not my conversion), rusty and crusty parts car.
                        2006 Ford Fusion, 30MPG, premium sound, daily driver, 200K miles and still going.
                        2011 Ford Fucus, 36MPG, Sync, wifey / baby mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by Titanius Anglesmith View Post
                          MAF's aren't "calibrated" for injectors. ECU's are calibrated for injectors and MAF's.

Yes, I know this... it was just easier to explain the other way.

Regardless, the Mustang ECM wont be calibrated for the 80mm MAF or the 24lb injector, so it doesnt really matter. you need it tuned anyway.
                          2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                          89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                          88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                            Pics?
                            No pics, but I did have it all mocked up on mine. The PS IC fits nicely, granted to keep ac and all that a mustang rad and condenser would be required to look completely stock. I'd imagine that with a 351W the clearance under the headers would be even more, which would make running the exhaust out of the turbos easier. Depending on single or twin, relocating the alt to the smog pump location would be beneficial-which I recently found requires modding the AC bracket to get the 3g out far enough to line up with the rest of the accessories.

Comment

Met a friend of a friend today who does turbo 5.0 Fox's, he's got like 3 of them. He also works for Ford's SVTeam. This is going to happen :evil:

Comment

Here a video of Anabelle doing 0-80mph. Had to turn to get onto the curved on-ramp so videos not so great...but you can hear the engine roar. If you go roughly by the video, I floor it right about 7seconds in and get to 60 at about 14 seconds so maybe 0-60 in about 7 seconds? IDK for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS7ZKdo3SRk
                                Last edited by 89LincolnTWNcar; 10-02-2009, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X