My Trip to the Augusta, GA Pull-A-Part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Trip to the Augusta, GA Pull-A-Part

I took a trip to my local Pull-A-Part with the intention of grabbing the front license plate bracket from an 80's Town Car - which I got, and as a bonus, I also pulled a brand new set of hood struts off of a mid-80's Town Car (mine no longer held the hood up) I also took a few pictures of some of the cars on the lot. The neatest one I found was the 1992 Ford Crown Victoria Touring Sedan. Two-tone paint and many features that the other models did not have - I am also pretty sure that this was a rare model. A 70's Town Car Continental, several Aero Vics, and some 80's Grand Marquis. Fun, successful trip I had. I felt like a kid in a candy store . .
    Attached Files

Here are a few more pictures. That Touring Sedan Crown Victoria would have been quite a car when it was in better shape. It's a shame to see in on the pull-a-part lot.
    Attached Files

Comment

nice pics mang yeah that touring edition vic is dam rare for sure it's supposed to have the hpp's on it though what a shame

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

nice

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

cool
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

If i'm not mistaken, the Touring Sedan was a one year only model. I wouldn't bet the rent on it, though.

Comment

WOOW!!! that touring sedan is crazy rare, if i were you I would grab the dark woodtrim in there, thats a Touring sedan only thing, and I thinks thats about the best part lol.

Its a P75, its basically a Pi vic, but with every option and then some.
              ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
              ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

I may have to get a few parts off of that car when I go back. If nothing else, I can probably resell them. Who knows, but it sure did look like a neat car.

Comment

more pics of the Continental...

Originally posted by zacharycrowe89 View Post
                  I may have to get a few parts off of that car when I go back. If nothing else, I can probably resell them. Who knows, but it sure did look like a neat car.
                  If you go back, can you see if that '70s Town Car is still there. I'd like to see close up pics of the rear doors, particularly near the bottom.
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                    nice pics mang yeah that touring edition vic is dam rare for sure it's supposed to have the hpp's on it though what a shame
                    You mangs keep saying this, but I have never seen a Touring Sedan with 16" HPPs. Back when these were new, I looked at probably a dozen of these with a friend. They ended up purchasing a bunch of ''92 grey LXs for their business instead.

That being said, I love that style of Aero.

Comment

Working...
                    X