1980 Lincoln Mark VI lowrider.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 82LTDQS View Post
    Too cool. Whats with the wires hanging out of the trunk?
    the large cable is my "quick disconnect". It connects the first ground termanal on each bank of batteries ( i have two banks or 6 batteries) to a chassis ground on the rack. the quick connect is just a cam lock welder disconnect.

Comment

Nice placement of the tweeter btw, I think I may try that in my car. Congrats on POTM.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
        remote control for the hydros for the tall bounces (rather harsh on the human body to be in the car for that) I would wager.
        if i dont miss a hit, dont bottom out or land locked up is not bad at all. i hop around while driving quite a bit. BUT when i do miss a lick, it makes your back hurt the rest of the night

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
        Nice placement of the tweeter btw, I think I may try that in my car. Congrats on POTM.
        thanks. the apline tweeters are nice and slim. i did massage the metal behind them just a little.

Comment

i tell you what my truck took a beating on the front cross member when i was learning to tap the switches just right... but i got to the point that i could be going 70 down the road bouncing the front end at least a foot in the air and still keep it strait on the road... in fact there is about 3 people with this on film but no one has came forward
          f/s modded 99 s10 - $3500, F/s 90 accord - $450, f/s 84 Cutlass $2200, parting out another 90 accord
          86 LTD wagon - wifes back up car
          slammed 86 pontiac wagon - back up dd
          79 fairmont - DD

Comment

A guy I know was telling me about having once left a car with "hydraulics" parked in the street outside his house with one wheel in the air. The next morning he had a ticket!
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

ticket for what? traffic distraction? I think that would be a great way to get under the car to work on it

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I don't know what the specific infraction was. A former neighbor seems to have had a tendency to phone in complaints for dumb things like lawn tractors left outside the garage, so possibly that person helped the township people fit a charge to the complaint? We have lots of stupid ordinances here anyway, covering things like grass over 8", "junk" on the property (which includes unregistered vehicles in the driveway), and that sort of retardedness. If I ever get my act together (and my time freed up slightly), I'll have to start attending township meetings and find out why people thing we need this sort of nonsense.

Comment

because houses are for proving how wealthy and sophisticated you are, not actually living or working in. Duh. Having actual hobbies or tools is so plebian, who would want to live next to that.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    A guy I know was telling me about having once left a car with "hydraulics" parked in the street outside his house with one wheel in the air. The next morning he had a ticket!
                    i would have to think public endangerment. some kid decides to hang off the front wheel and trips a 2.5 ton car come crashing down on them.

Comment

Was searching teh webs for Mark VI related stuff, and stumbled upon this page again.

That thing is seriously pure sex, and I'm not just saying that to be nice.

Any updates on this beauty???

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                      I Love those cars!

I will own one someday.

Ahem.

Never would have believed back then that it would only a little over a year later till I had my own.

Comment

Originally posted by 351-lincoln View Post
                        i would have to think public endangerment. some kid decides to hang off the front wheel and trips a 2.5 ton car come crashing down on them.
                        Pontiac Grand Ams don't weigh 2.5 tons.

Entertaining, though, how many so-called safety "rules" are based on the assumption that someone's unsupervised kid will deliberately do something suicidal. On the other hand, just 2-3 days ago I got to chase off a kid who was sticking his finger in my rust holes. Though, that particular kid's an unusual degree of disaster IMO.

Comment

Navy blue has to be the best looking color for these 80's box panthers. That car is absolutely gorgeous!

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
                          2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
                          2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Working...
                          X