My '91 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She served ya well.

I am sure you will but just in-case....you pulling the aluminum driveshaft?
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 06-29-2014, 04:56 PM.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

That '91 is like, twelve times better than some of the projects I've been looking into. It doesn't have anywhere near as much surface rust as either the '91 CVLX and '88 GMGS I'm looking into buying. I'm slowly subscribing to the school of thought that says (among other things) to pay more now for a decent body and save money on body work later. I'm assuming the frame's okay? What would you take for her as she sits right now? $500? A good, freshly rebuilt k-code is worth just under half that alone. Throw in those minty yet stinky seats, and it adds up.....

Then again, you seem pretty firm on scrapping her. You wouldn't have removed the instrument clusters, engine, tranny, etcetera otherwise. :'(
      Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 06-29-2014, 05:58 PM. Reason: Minor stylistic changes
      '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
      '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
      '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

I bet there are parts I could use on there but I don't know what they are right now.

Comment

How's the rust condition on that front passenger door? Wasted on the bottom probably.
          1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
            Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

That '91 is like, twelve times better than some of the projects I've been looking into. It doesn't have anywhere near as much surface rust as either the '91 CVLX and '88 GMGS I'm looking into buying. I'm slowly subscribing to the school of thought that says (among other things) to pay more now for a decent body and save money on body work later. I'm assuming the frame's okay? What would you take for her as she sits right now? $500? A good, freshly rebuilt k-code is worth just under half that alone. Throw in those minty yet stinky seats, and it adds up.....

Then again, you seem pretty firm on scrapping her. You wouldn't have removed the instrument clusters, engine, tranny, etcetera otherwise. :'(
            Frame is shot, rotted out at the bulkhead like they all do. The car's honestly pretty bad up close, but does have a few useful parts on it (like that delicious K code). If you want it, it's yours for the price of scrap.

If you want a nice rust free car to start with, I'd let my 88 go cheap. (it currently has no interior or engine harness).
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by HiFiMerc View Post
              How's the rust condition on that front passenger door? Wasted on the bottom probably.
              Bottom is solid. Behind the trim is another story....
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Nothing worth driving to NY for then.
                1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                  Frame is shot, rotted out at the bulkhead like they all do. The car's honestly pretty bad up close, but does have a few useful parts on it (like that delicious K code). If you want it, it's yours for the price of scrap.

If you want a nice rust free car to start with, I'd let my 88 go cheap. (it currently has no interior or engine harness).
                  PM sent.
                  '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
                  '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
                  '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

We use the whole buffalo here. Cut the whole trunk floor pan out for a fellow GMN member as the floor was surprisingly still very solid. Also made it very easy to get the track lock carrier and gears out!

Drivers side front door is very solid and will work great on the Battle Wagon to replace it's damaged drivers door.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, do you have any pics of the frame rot? I'm asking just to know what to look out for. Is that by where the A/C drips onto the frame rail? (I don't really have that problem with my car with no A/c and all lol)

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
                        Just out of curiosity, do you have any pics of the frame rot? I'm asking just to know what to look out for. Is that by where the A/C drips onto the frame rail? (I don't really have that problem with my car with no A/c and all lol)
                        Both bulkheads are very thin and are were starting to get various holes in them. I'm sure the rest of the frame is pretty thin too.

Comment

Working...
                        X