No announcement yet.

My '91 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my K-codes in! It went fairly well. I had to buy an air hammer for the one upper control arm bolt, but besides for a few other snags it went fairly well. I was able to pull the old axle by myself, but needed a friend to help put the new one in. Lining up all the control arms was quite the pain. Also, fuck the top shock mounts. I spent half an hour using a channel lock wrench to turn the shock body to get it out. The drivers side was out in 10 seconds but the passenger side was a square by the time I was done with it. Also, fuck drum brakes. They should all burn in hell. I wish I hadn't destroyed the backing plates on the rears of my 92 or I would have done a disc swap. Maybe next time. So far everything is working fairly good. Haven't gone above 50 yet, but around town driving seems great. The brakes are like an on off switch now. The cargo coils gave it a pretty big rake, but once they settle down I figure they'll be just right. The ride is much stiffer now to which is nice. Still need to buy a speedo gear too. Anyways, here are some pics. The track lock is a little on the weak side, but it should last through winter at least.

Hmm something seems to be missing:

Mmmm nice and shiny black axle:

Cargo Coils and Gabriel Ultras:

Look at those awesome 11" drums:

I put one of my nice town car rims on to see what it would look like. I think some nice big RWL would look great on them.

Rakeage!:

All done. I hope.

Quick test of the track lock. Can also hear my gasspacks pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfFTs3hR1SI
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

great! You have the same rake as me now. It looking nice.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

nice!

what rear springs are those? i wouldnt mind that stance

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
          nice!

what rear springs are those? i wouldnt mind that stance
          The springs are just sedan cargo coils from autozone. They're nice and firm, but not to stiff.

So I've done a little work since my last post the highlight being that I rebuild my Track Lok (no pics, my hands were covered in smelly ass gear oil the whole time). Also replaced the speedo gear.

Now I'm forced to do the project I don't want to touch. My passenger side floor pan was really the only bad part on the car, but it's got considerably worse since the last time I looked at it. I guess I should fix it before winter.

Damn rust stole my floor!

Hmmm...
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Is water leaking in rusting out the floor?
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

How is the weather-stripping around the rear window?
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Is water leaking in rusting out the floor?
                I don't think so. Just 20 years of buffalo winters will do that. Hell I've seen cars from the 00's looking even worse.

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                How is the weather-stripping around the rear window?
                Fine.

Comment

WOW, Clean engine bay, what you use to clean the plate on top of the intake. And if you dont mind me asking, what is the model number on the cd deck, looks sweet. How does it sound?
                  Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                  New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
                    WOW, Clean engine bay, what you use to clean the plate on top of the intake. And if you dont mind me asking, what is the model number on the cd deck, looks sweet. How does it sound?
                    I just painted the 5.0 badge black when I first got it and sanded the raised parts down. Still looks fine.
                    I have no idea what the model number is. The radios at least 5 years old. I highly doubt they still make it. But it was free so I love it. Sounds food enough for me.

Also I took a short clip of my exhaust today.

Also did a lot more work, but that's for latter.

Comment

Nice work!!! I just got some POR15 and I am starting to get serious about getting another rear to replace my open 2.73. Just gotta make the time to go to PA and see what they got.

Packman

Comment

Sounds great Mang..........

Comment

So I did a bunch of work last week. First was my well ventalated floor fix.

After cutting out all the bad metal:

2 coats of por-15:

Bestest patching material evar:

Another coat of por-15 and 5 coats of rubberized undercoating:

Yes, I know it's not professionally done by any stretch of the imagination, but it's solid as a rock, won't ever rust, and now my carpet can stay nice and dry. Once summer comes, I plan on pulling out my whole carpet and por-15'ing my whole floor.

Next up, I replaced all my brake lines, since all of them were at the point where looking at them wrong might make them leak. It's great to be able to do a panic stop and not worrying about losing your brakes. No good pictures, but you get the idea.

My 2 new snow tires also came in, so I have to paint my winter steelies and go mount them.

Comment

I haven't really done anything exciting on my car for a while, but I figured it was time to put my snows on.

Comment

Me likey......Dam dude..Im so jelous of your garage

Comment

Looks good man. Who owns the Tempo?
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X