No announcement yet.

My '91 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you have the gauge attached to the steering column? I was going to put mine there but couldn't find a big enough spot.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
      how is the exterior molding fastened to the door?
      1 bolt each (which all 4 broke) and these stupid plastic clips that mostly broke.

@ 1990LTD - Some RTV. I cleaned the column cover, put it on, wrapped it in tape for a few days, and there you go.

Progress today!
      Finally got my lower intake gaskets. This time around, I actually pulled the distributor so I didn't have to drop it in all weird like, and cut the heads off some old bolts to make guide pins. This made it over 9000 times easier.

Gaskets down:

Lower intake cleaned and ready:

Lower intake down and torqued. (Finally got to use my new click type torque wrench instead of my old beam type one)

Everything connected and ready to go:

Upper intake hooked back up along with everything else (besides plug wires), essentially ready for a test fire:

The somewhat-good news, somewhere, somehow in the 6 months it's been sitting the starter decided to come back to life! But, it's still doing the same bullshit as before, turning over soooooooo slowly. I know it won't last long. I still have no idea what the problem is.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

It lives!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM1OdF-Hf1w
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYigw1knAW8
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Sweet..

Comment

do you know whats done to that sl2 you raced?
            1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
            1994 MGM GS Montigua
            2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
              do you know whats done to that sl2 you raced?
              That was so long ago, not much, catback, intake about it.

Comment

I like the first video very much. The old starter was painfully slow.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  I like the first video very much. The old starter was painfully slow.
                  Ya it was. When I took it back and asked for a replacement (still under warranty) the guy was like "WTF is this?" when he went to bench test it.

That means I got two bad starters in a row. POS remans.

Now I have to try smothering the remains of the oil pan in jb weld and hope for the best.

Comment

sweet the winter beater lives

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Nice mang, I just went through the whole thread lol. I have to say I like her best with the steelies and RWL tires, its a really mean muscle car look. Glad to see your giving it some love.
                      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

So I finally decided what I'm going to do with this thing. It doesn't really make any sense to get rid of it, seeing as everything besides the engine is fine.

So for this winter it's just going to sit while I drive my Maxima. Once spring comes, I'm going to pull the engine and replace the oil pan. It's also getting a full HO swap, with know, good condition E7's (actually their the heads off the Mark VII I used to own). HO cam advanced 4*, the "Skinny" 19lbs injectors, and a D9S.

I took care of most of the rust, I por 15'd any big spots, and put another layer of it on some of the existing stuff. The bottom half of the car got 5 coats of self etching primer, and a lot of coats of spray on bed liner. Above that, I touched up the spots with some white paint (besides the RR) I also painted the wheel arc trim, and the bottom granny trim. I'm going to be painting most of the chrome trim black.

As of a few weeks ago, this is what it looked like:

Last edited by pantera77; 12-01-2010, 11:45 AM.

Comment

POR15 is your friend. I did the whole underside of my mom's CV with that stuff. We'll see how long it holds up. I wish I had a garage half as big as your barn. I would live in there and only come out to go to work and cruise.

Packman

Comment

Looks really nice man. I really like it.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              Looks really nice man. I really like it.
                              x2
                              1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                              1994 MGM GS Montigua
                              2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                              2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

I'm liking the look.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
                                X