quick "rear end"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick "rear end"

i was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to put a 3.75:1 ring and pinion in a 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis. And if so what axel size would it be?
    Last edited by cbaileyevo13; 09-10-2009, 07:25 PM.

You can put a 3.73:1 in, perhaps a 3.75:1 is a GM rear or something, not sure. Your Grand Marquis has an 8.8 rear. Hope this helps, I'm sure the more senior members will chime in with more information. And welcome to the site!
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

yea i just joined the fourm today and i read on and answerd my own question, my freind who does up mustangs told me to do a 3.75 but i couldnt find parts now i know y. however i do have one more question. i put staggered 20in wheels on my mercury and it doesnt look right in the front is there any way i can lower it about 1.5 inches i have drop springs for the front from an old iroc camoro but the guy from the 3.75 suggestions gave them to me, and i dont know if i trust him on the application, and i have no idea where to find parts to lower the car, only raise it. im new to doing any mods on a panther mostly for the fact that everyone around me only does rice burners, but i want something unique, thanx for anyone who helps me i do appreciate it. I only know the basics of cars nothing specific to particular makes or models, but this is my new project car.

Comment

I've never heard of using camaro springs on a panther... I wouldn't trust them. I believe under the "Suspension" forum there are stickies that tell you what springs you can get, how far it will lower the car, and how stiff the springs are. If you do a quick search I'm sure you'll be able to find it.

Unique is always good! Show up them ricers haha.

Do you have any pictures of your car? you should post them in the readers ride section! I kinda wanna see this Grand Marq, not too many people on this site put larger rims on! Theres also a big brake swap you can do that will help a lot, especially with those big rims
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

heres a few for now setting up a page shortly, looking in the suspension section not seeing anything on droping a 3rd gen other than cutting springs. Is that a recomended method or a horrible idea?
          Last edited by cbaileyevo13; 09-10-2009, 10:11 PM.

Comment

ok my axel question have all been answerd in a n00b thread and the lowering question has been moved to http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=31160
            thank you for you help Brown_Muscle

Comment

Working...
            X