No announcement yet.

Bought a '88 P72

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

140 mph speedo? I wouldn't mind havin that if u do decide to part it out.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hav24wheel View Post
      140 mph speedo? I wouldn't mind havin that if u do decide to part it out.

lol that is what i had my eye on as well, but in all honesty i really believe Pete should keep it for his 85 Crown Victoria.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I don't know about that, it would look way better in my 83. Lol. Plus my speedo runs out of #s all the time.
        sigpic

Comment

hehe... true I *should* keep it for mine, but honestly Im too chicken to drive it over 85 around here... dont wanna risk a reckless driving ticket!
          Especially now that it's able go over 85... if I were to run it that fast, i wouldn't care/wouldn't matter how fast its actually going

This also has decent blue vinyl base model door panels, someone here was looking for those...

Im off work today - getting ready to go get my check and cash it, Im supposed to meet the guy after 5 because I forgot i was off today, but might be able to get the title sooner. Its only a half mile from my house so Ill probably limp it home with the E-brake with the tags from the 91 on it
          Of course only after I test drive it in the parking lot and make sure I can actually keep it under control with the E-brake.
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
            hehe... true I *should* keep it for mine, but honestly Im too chicken to drive it over 85 around here... dont wanna risk a reckless driving ticket!
            You're not too chicken to ride 85+ though :evil:
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Find what line is shot and pintch it off, than fill it back up with fluid. Should get good enough brakes that way.

So is that a yes I can have the speedo? Lol
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                You're not too chicken to ride 85+ though :evil:
                hell naw!!!

Especially in something built by scottmang!
                I remember being so amazed the 1st time I rode in scotts townie back in '04... we were doing at least 90-100 on the interstate and the thing acted like it was on tracks!!!
                Your 2-door and Mikes waggin are just as amazing... pure thrill adrenaline with only a hint of "we're gonna die!!!" from leftover sub-conscious feelings that a big car shouldn't move like that... but you mangs' box's break all the rules
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by hav24wheel View Post
                  Find what line is shot and pintch it off, than fill it back up with fluid. Should get good enough brakes that way.

So is that a yes I can have the speedo? Lol
                  It sounds like it may be a steel line at or near the MC that blew...

And thats a maybe on the speedo, lol. i gotta figure out if its gonna get parted or not 1st, I should know in a week or so, once I get it fixed/tagged/insured/inspected and see how it drives.

If I part itout, looks like the speedo will go to the highest bidder :evil:
                  sigpic

Comment

Highest bidder! That's BS. Lol. I called if first!

Well if it is up by the MC, than pintching it off won't work as well.
                    I love the fact these cars can do 100 and it feels like ur only goin 60. Reminds me of my 73 imperial, that thing had a 130 mph speedo that ran out of #s many a times. Lol.

Well good luck on ur drive home withit.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yup, been bitten by the box madnesss bug indeed. No need to seek the cure though as this is actually a good sickness.

Packman

Comment

If you DO decide to part it, I might be interested in the rear sway bar, gotta have the lower arms too, mine don't have any mounting holes.
                        People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

Peteymang is going to die driving this home, then sign on to GMN and start whining about it.
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I hope you actually keep it if there are not too many surprises with it.
                            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              I hope you actually keep it if there are not too many surprises with it.
                              ... like sudden and unavoidable death?
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

jeez whats with everyone and death lately?
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X