No announcement yet.

"Vicky"-1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!!! Is this going to be a complete resto (i.e. turbines, rebuilt stock engine, the whole 9?) or a resto-rodification? Either way, it's nice to have a set goal. Less money is wasted that way.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
      Nice!!! Is this going to be a complete resto (i.e. turbines, rebuilt stock engine, the whole 9?) or a resto-rodification? Either way, it's nice to have a set goal. Less money is wasted that way.

Packman
      It's going to be a resto-mod, with kind of a grand touring approach. The interior is going to be slightly upgraded but very close to stock, same with the body, only it will be closer to the LTD Landau (no granny trim, guardless/stripless bumpers) but the blacked out look is staying, I like it way too much. Chassis and drivetrain is going to be where most of the mods are going, I have a couple of ideas, it's just going to be actually pulling them off.
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
        It's going to be a resto-mod, with kind of a grand touring approach. The interior is going to be slightly upgraded but very close to stock, same with the body, only it will be closer to the LTD Landau (no granny trim, guardless/stripless bumpers) but the blacked out look is staying, I like it way too much. Chassis and drivetrain is going to be where most of the mods are going, I have a couple of ideas, it's just going to be actually pulling them off.

Packman

Comment

welcome back.......

Comment

Well, I've got bad news. I was sitting at stop light and got rear ended. Hard. I'll have pics when I can, but long story short, the bumper is done, driver's side tail light is broke, drivers side quarter crumpled, trunk floor buckled, the bumper shock tore through the frame, but that is the only noticeable frame damage. Also the impact broke one of the seams in the gas tank and it was dripping gasoline. The police officer cleared everything with me and sent us (I had my dad on the scene at that point) on our way and we were able to nurse it home. The girl that hit me was no less than someone under the age of 16 on her temps with no adult with her in the car. Now we just have to get through the ensuing fight with the insurance company, but we will rebuild her.
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

That SUCKS! Whole new (unwanted) meaning to "Vicky Reborn" though.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                That SUCKS! Whole new (unwanted) meaning to "Vicky Reborn" though.
                Yeah, it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

Comment

Hey at least no ones hurt, and also be glad it didn't catch fire!
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

I hope the insurance company the girl (parent's) has is cooperative and gives you something to work with. Perhaps luck will shine upon you and you find another box to use as a donor.

Packman

Comment

Damage Pics

I guess it doesn't look as bad when you have calmed down, but I'm still not happy. Luckily we have already found a gas tank for it (for free!) and I am in the process of hunting down receipts for everything that's been done.

Comment

sorry to hear about the accident,make sure you document EVERYTHING,and,unless things have changed in ohio,the insurance company can not take your car if "they" decide its totaled (lots of details about this,but if you have an attorney,ask him to be sure)...also,is that a yellow 77 amx in the background?........

Comment

Originally posted by t65neon5 View Post
                          sorry to hear about the accident,make sure you document EVERYTHING,and,unless things have changed in ohio,the insurance company can not take your car if "they" decide its totaled (lots of details about this,but if you have an attorney,ask him to be sure)...also,is that a yellow 77 amx in the background?........
                          Yeah, it is, it's my dad's project car.

And we've been through this before with the insurance company, a few years ago someone hit my dad's truck and it had a similar amount of damage, and they wanted to total it. Long story short we still have the truck and we were able to fix it in our driveway.

Comment

Sucks Andrew.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I guess I should post an update, since I am now officiating the entire incident now from college dorm room 200 miles away....

Our lawyer is now involved. The girl's insurance company has been rather persistent about us settling, and gave us what they thought would have been an easy acceptance, but it involved a salvage title. I promptly refused. I'm not going to go into too much info until this is all done, but what I will say is that the adjuster who came to look at the car was a complete dickhole, and we should come out of this with a clean title.

Comment

Best of luck. Insurance companies suck and so do lawyers, but when you put them against one another you sometimes get a useful result.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X