No announcement yet.

"Vicky"-1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You suck. You must supply pictures with posts or beatings will commence.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

ha! see, im not the only one who forgets the camera.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I sowwy

Let me scrounge out the camera and take a couple pictures of my acquisition as of 10 minutes ago.

Long story short, the seats I got from Scott are going to be used, just not in my car.
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Ok, when I made the looking to buy thread, and scott said he still had his, I had full intentions of getting them no matter what, just because they were more than what I had, and I really wanted to see skippyville lol. Coming back down I80 I had a random thought, the guy I got the rest of the interior from had near perfect front seats, but he needed them for the demo derby, so we couldn't have them. My dad called him today, offered a trade, and I got them. They just need swept.

Again the pictures don't do these justice, they are as close to perfect as I'm going to get.

Once they get swept, these will seriously look brand new, any imperfection you see is either the light hitting it wrong or dust (minus the 1 spot on the driver's side). Plus they are BOTH power, and they both still work.
          Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
          New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

barter system is still alive and well!
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

swept the drivers seat, no it matches the passenger.

All the seats are getting shampooed probably on Friday, and this weekend everything is getting wired up and put in.

Comment

And the shampooing process begins.

Started on the drivers seat and the bottom section of the back. Holy shit these fuckers are dirty. The back set almost had no dirt come out of them, but the fronts....the FRONTS (and these were in better shape than the first one) Got an entire tank of water shot through half of it, and they are still dirty. This is going to take longer than anticipated lol.

And if only comments on lack of pics, you can wait until they are done, I want a before and after effect. lol

Comment

that weird line on the driver's seat is almost identical to a mark on mine's. strange. Looking good though. the first time you get into the car on a hot day in the sun and don't burninate your legs, it'll be worth it.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I got both parts of the rear seats shampooed and shop-vac'd, those are ready to go in.

The driver's seat is done with shampooing, just needs swept when It dries. and tomorrow I'm tackling the passenger's seat with shampooer again. Again...no pics until they are installed. Its going to be a surprise :evil:

Comment

Wait! Put those seat warmers in that you were talking about.
                      ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Wait! Put those seat warmers in that you were talking about.
                        well considering that this winter is going to be its last....they kinda aren't necesary anymore lol

Comment

Seats are officially clean!

and O.....M.....G.....

Waiting on the PAssenger's seat to dry, I need to shop vac it, and then depends on how I'm doing with time, I MIGHT (that's a big might) start yanking the interior tonight.

Comment

what ever you do....dont blow your wad on them clean seats lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

You guys are going to hate me for not having pictures yet. But I'm going to wait until the glare is not as bad so you can see exactly what it looks like.

THE SEATS ARE IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ok, I had to go to my grandfathers to get the dremel tool for something later on in this post, and it was dark when I got back. I wasn't going to leave you guys hanging, so I took some crappy sneak peek pics with my camera flash.

Again, crappy viewing angle. It was perfect around 6ish to get the full color, but that was when I was driving it over lol.

Now, A while back I got the metal gauge panel that Dave posted in his ebay thread, and I hadn't done anything with it. I got another dash panel out of the same parts car that I got the seats, so I took to the dremel tool and cut it. I used the 1/8 inch bit to cut it out, than the sanding drum to smooth everything out. And it came out exactly how I wanted. Now I just need those Auto Meter Gauges lol.

With the hole

Panel In

Comment

Working...
                                X