No announcement yet.

"Vicky"-1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, so for this winter, Im leaving the hubcaps and that on, but for next winter, I thought of something else. After I get the new wheels, Ill probably sand plast and paint the current ones gloss black (not before making sure that I get some tire smoking use in with these before they croak) and put the explorer center caps in. Not sure how it would look, but it sounds cool. I also compiled a list of everything I want accomplished on this thing (I was bored in study hall), Ill post it up when I get the ambition lol
    Last edited by hemihotrod402; 09-28-2009, 08:48 PM.
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Ok Finally got the List. This is my long term goal for the car, and the sad thing is, by the time I get done with it, Ill probably want to restore it. Im swapping out the engine and trans just because everything is numbers matching and I do NOT want to blow it up.

MAJOR PRIORITIES!!!
      79 Landau Grille Blacked Out (Wednesday maybe?)
      Headlight Bezels Blacked Out
      140 MPH Speedometer
      Blue LEDs for Speedometer
      Rebuilt Exhaust System
      Coys C-5 Polished Aluminum Wheels 17”
      255/45-17 Tires

Engine
      87-93 Mustang HO Engine
      Engine bored to 306
      306 ci Pistons
      Aluminum Cylinder Heads
      Comp Cams Box Upper Manifold
      Vortech 87-93 Turbo Kit
      Ford Racing Cam
      1.7” Rocker Arms
      Aluminum Radiator
      Electric Fan
      3G Alternator
      MSD Distributor
      Ford Racing Plug Wires

Drivetrain
      87-93 Mustang AOD Transmission
      Full Rebuild Including Clutch , Torque Coverter, etc.
      3.27 Rear Gears
      Aluminum Driveshaft

Suspension
      95-02 Front Brakes (Control Arms, Spindles etc.)
      95-02 Rear Brakes
      All necessary Equipment to do Brake Swap
      Wilwood Universal Brake Calipers x4
      Cross-Drilled Brake Rotors x4
      PI or Wagon Front Sway Bar
      Wagon Frame Braces
      2” Drop Springs With 25% better Spring rate (after wheels)

Interior
      Replacement Carpet
      Jegs Racing Seats (Re-upholstered to match interior)
      Embroidered Floor Mats
      Glowshift Water Temperature Guage
      Glowshift Voltometer
      Glowshift Tachometer
      Glowshift Oil Pressure Gauge
      Rebuild Dorr Panels
      Billet Specialties Steering Wheel
      Replacment Cruise Control Buttons
      Replacement Dash Pad
      Shifter, windsheild Wiper, turn signal replacements
      Sony Head Unit
      Infinity Kappa 3.5” speakers
      Infinty Kappa 6.5’ Speakers
      Infinity Kappa 6x9” Speakers

Exterior
      Clear Turn Signal Lenses
      Replacement Vinyl Top
      All rust redone
      Repaint
      Aluminum Rear Window Trim

Exhaust
      Ceramic Coated Headers
      Custom Bent 2.5” Exhaust (no cats)
      Flowmaster Super 44s

Im not going to Price evrything, just because I would have a heart attack, but it is well north of 15 grand

Heres the tally so far
      Steering Wheel Cover: $15
      79 tailights; $10
      Ford Racing Valve Covers: $181
      JVC Head Unit: $64
      Pinoneer 6x9 rear speakers: $56
      Insignia Door Speakers: $8
      Urethane Swaybar bushings and Links: $30
      PI Rear Swaybar: $60
      APC Universal Intake: $50

Total $474
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Sounds good. Takes time..but one by one you will surely cross of that list and have a wicked ride.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

well after next year, sadly this will prolly be pushed to the back burner, cause I got college to pay for lol. But I truly hope to get it done.

Comment

College sucks, it just takes money that should be put towards other stuff But on the other hand, then you can make more money after you graduate, and buy even better stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
              College sucks, it just takes money that should be put towards other stuff But on the other hand, then you can make more money after you graduate, and buy even better stuff!
              Thats the plan lol

and 4 the record, I CAN ACCESS THE FORUMS FROM SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!:evil:
              ALSO POST #100!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                FAFSA forms suck. Writing cheques for actual tuition rates sucks more. I can't believe what bulk-packaging state schools charge for tuition these days ....

College admissions propeganda must look a lot different these days. 10-12 years ago, everyone was still insisting that you could study whatever you pleased, and then get a job when you got out because you had a degree. Boy had that changed by the time I graduated ....
                Last edited by 1987cp; 10-01-2009, 09:11 AM.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Enough of this college bullshit...back to his car and the awesome work that will be done.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    Enough of this college bullshit...back to his car and the awesome work that will be done.
                    :lol:

Comment

ok, so the exhaust went out on me tonight after the football game. Its behind the cats because its not loud enough. Its either the Y-Pipe or the muffler. Either way though IT FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!!! :headbang:
                      Also, just to see how loud it is, I left a couple lines of rubber coming out from behind the parking lot. Probably caught that on camera but oh well. Defiantly turned a few heads though.

Pls its the perfect excuse to get dual exhaust with mustang headers, catless H-Pipe, and Louder mufflers. Tonight rocked (even though we lost 48-0)

Comment

fixed the exhaust today. Just replaced the tailpipe and put on a Thrush turbo muffler. I hope its just not broken in, because it made no difference whatsoever. That Mustang Catless H-Pipe is still on my christmas list. I wish we would have just pulled the muffler and ran open exhaust from the Y-Pipe, that sounded so cool

Comment

Yea man I had a Turbo muffler on my Vic and it almost sounded quiter than stock, but it got a little louder after it broke in. I got sick of it being so quite so I ripped it off and just recently bolted on a Summit Chambered Race Muffler. It is still not wicked loud, but it has a noticible rumble. Vid below of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Pfv-Cd0kc

If you looking for louder with cats, try some 40 series Flowmasters.
                          Last edited by 87DeuceVic; 10-04-2009, 04:29 PM.
                          -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                          -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

well, I calculated my list cost. I was waaaaaaay off with my estimate of 15 grand. Needless to say, I could buy a 2010 Mustang and gas for that mustang for 3 months with the amount of money that list would set me back. Im working on setting my sights lower.

Comment

no need to downgrade your list, just lengthen the time estimate.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

thanks for the advice. I think I may have what my approach is going to be with this car.

Comment

Working...
                                X