CFI = good gas mileage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFI = good gas mileage?

WHOA! I had my timing checked, cuz I knew it was off bad. I tryed to do it myself but I couldn't get the dist to turn. So my dad's friend (mechanic) turned it for me, tested it a couple times and it was runnin smoooth. Well, took it for a ride that night, drove around 2-3 hours only making 1 stop. I filled it before we left and I filled it yesterday cuz I wasn't sure how much gas it used. (guage doesn't work) I had to STUFF 5 gallons in it, it only used 5 gallons that whole trip! Up hills, stoplights, lil bit of everything. Probably 100 miles or more.

I like it! :slug:
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

:banana:

I got 20mpg highway on the way to scottfest with the car laoded full of stuff....

:banana:
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Damn. I figured mine today and its steady at 17.1 with no AC. That was a run to Scotts, home, then back again.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

5.0 HO, FMS 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 antilock
        Wonder if that has an effect on your MPGs??

:slug:
        2000 Grand Marquis LS
        2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
        1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
        1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
        Mercury Owners Group member
        Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

it does. the HO gave me better fuel econ. gears are original and i didn't notice much change with the rockers, maybe about 1/10 mpg decrease. recently got 19.95 tho, and that was with another fuel brand. it seems that the cheap conoco gas from the truck stop doesn't ageee with my motor. changing brands also made it stop pinging.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X