Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Do you lose any torque or power down low?

I want to do this(upper intake, throttle body, bored egr spacer) but never found the parts like I was hoping to this year at the JY.
    1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series-102k miles- LOPO 302, AOD, open 3.27, Dual exhaust w/ Thrush Turbo mufflers

Comment

Originally posted by ZackN920 View Post
      ^Do you lose any torque or power down low?

I want to do this(upper intake, throttle body, bored egr spacer) but never found the parts like I was hoping to this year at the JY.
      No, I didn’t notice any power loss. You’re gonna have a really hard time finding anything like that in a junkyard anymore. You could try the mustang sites, or on here for the parts. Mustang guys might get rid of them when they upgrade
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Cool.

If I ever find the parts then I gotta do this.

Yea, I saw somewhere online here of someone posting about taking 2 simular box panthers, only difference between the 2 were the intakes. They both had the same rear gears and factory dual exhaust. Supposedly the one with the HO uppers made 10 rwhp more than the other. Torque production, unfortunately was never mentioned.
        1987 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series-102k miles- LOPO 302, AOD, open 3.27, Dual exhaust w/ Thrush Turbo mufflers

Comment

I know this has likely been discussed in other threads here, but after a considerable amount of time searching for it, I have been unable to find anything so I'll just up and ask: Will the "Ford 5.0 Liter EFI" cover plate from a lopo upper intake manifold bolt on to a 87+ HO upper? Or are they a different size/require modification?
          Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
          Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by nfldfordltd View Post
            I know this has likely been discussed in other threads here, but after a considerable amount of time searching for it, I have been unable to find anything so I'll just up and ask: Will the "Ford 5.0 Liter EFI" cover plate from a lopo upper intake manifold bolt on to a 87+ HO upper? Or are they a different size/require modification?
            Goes right on, no mods needed.

My Cars:
            -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
            -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

yep, all same-same. Fits an Explorer intake too. The 1986 HO plate is the only one that wouldn't be backwards on a Panther. Its sideways, but its sideways either direction so looks less dumb. Same basic black with raised bars and script as the non-HO part is. Just in case you ever come across one and feel the need for HO badging.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                yep, all same-same. Fits an Explorer intake too. The 1986 HO plate is the only one that wouldn't be backwards on a Panther. Its sideways, but its sideways either direction so looks less dumb. Same basic black with raised bars and script as the non-HO part is. Just in case you ever come across one and feel the need for HO badging.
                Best kind. I want to keep my original lopo cover on the HO upper.
                Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Comment

Working...
                X