Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also, do i need the intake, or can i just keep my stock intake and use everything else from an HO?

Comment

I listed everything you need in the first post... You can keep you stock lower intake, the upper needs to be changed though.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

And porting the upper and lower intake will help with flow. How much does a shop charge to get the intakes ported?
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Huh? There are 2 options for EGR. 65MM Lightning or a stock egr bored over to match the 60mm(stock HO) throttle body.

Everything that needs to be done is in the first post of this thread.

Comment

how do u bore it out?

Comment

Why are you looking on the web? That not needed and won't work without even more modification. STOCK MUSTANG OR LINCOLN MARK 7 PARTS are all you need.

Comment

alright sorry bro, im a noob, im sure i'll be asking these annoying as hell questions for awhile

Comment

No problem. The HO upgrade is great, because it utilizes all the part the mustang guys don't want. So, it's generally a very inexpensive upgrade. The stock HO parts can be had for free if you know any mustang guys.

Comment

howabout the map sensor, i was just reading another post and some dude said the 86 has a different one than the rest, if im using a 90 mark vii ecm and HO parts will i need to change this sensor?

Comment

in the 2nd post, what does it mean by spinning the intake around? also, if i go with the 1.7 rockers, will i have to get a higher stall converter? cuz u have to get a tranny cooler, and im tight on the $.

Comment

The upper intake needs to face the other way. It can be put on so that the throttle body faces either the passenger side or the driver's side, and it needs to be put on facing the driver's side.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

alright, thanks alot, and howabout my question about the 1.7 rockers and converter?

Comment

you do not need a higher stall converter if you use 1.7's... As for spinning the intake- the mustang upper is installed in the opposite direction as the vics/grand marq's.

Comment

ok so switching to a higher stall converter isnt necessary for about 240- 250 hp on my marquis?

Comment

The only reason to change to a higher stall is if you're making changes that would move the powerband up in the RPM range.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
                                X