This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
    zat so? now post up a pic, and beeter have a digital caliper on that sucker, cuase ill be posting mine here shortly you are talking about the TB right?
    oops forgot to post my pic lol
    Click image for larger version

Name:	explorer tb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1272305
    Its even bigger than 70mm I think unless I'm measuring wrong..
    1991 Grand Marquis LS blog- Mayhem; two 12" Kenwood 800w subs, True dual catback, BBK shorties, cherrybombs, steel top, L/H hella lights, 18" AR Torq thrust, Trans cooler, class 3 hitch kit, more on the way...

Comment

the flapper down in it however... that's the bottleneck.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
        the flapper down in it however... that's the bottleneck.
        Late 80's, new to the town, I bought a bunch of used Stang parts from a guy including a 65 mm t-body. When I got home, I found it was a stock one w/the mouth ported out....We had a contentious phone conversation. It required a very loud unannounced visit to his home to get things resoved... Turned out he had sold quite a few w/no complaints & acted like he didn't understand what the problem was. I did get my money back!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

The inlet isn't what you measure. It's the diameter of the blade.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
            Late 80's, new to the town, I bought a bunch of used Stang parts from a guy including a 65 mm t-body. When I got home, I found it was a stock one w/the mouth ported out....We had a contentious phone conversation. It required a very loud unannounced visit to his home to get things resoved... Turned out he had sold quite a few w/no complaints & acted like he didn't understand what the problem was. I did get my money back!
            Thats an awesome story lol.............."What? its 65mm right? Isnt that how Texas Turbo and Ron Anderson sell'em?" Lol........
            Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

I was just wondering exactly how much of a HP/torque gain can you expect from a complete HO swap including dual catback?
              1991 Grand Marquis LS blog- Mayhem; two 12" Kenwood 800w subs, True dual catback, BBK shorties, cherrybombs, steel top, L/H hella lights, 18" AR Torq thrust, Trans cooler, class 3 hitch kit, more on the way...

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthlead View Post
                I was just wondering exactly how much of a HP/torque gain can you expect from a complete HO swap including dual catback?
                Mustang ho was 225hp, 310ft/lb, I believe they were de-rated to 215 hp around '94

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I have found a set of E7 heads off an '89 Mustang, what do I need to look for when I check them out? What's a fair price? The guy says he needs them gone and will sell cheap.

Sent while running from the cops using Tapatalk
                  1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

GT40's/p's.............unless the e7's are free........but if you have to have them $25 or so...they arent worth anything except scrap or porting practice.........
                    Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

What headers can be used?
                      I believe I've read most shorties will fit and other factory manifolds but which ones specifically.
                      I would like to gather the parts this winter and put the engine together in the spring.
                      I am still looking for the heads locally so I don't have to deal with shipping them cross country.
                      1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

The Ford Racing shorties fit perfectly (they are made for P's). Of course you'll need a Mustang H pipe ect...as well.
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                          The Ford Racing shorties fit perfectly (they are made for P's). Of course you'll need a Mustang H pipe ect...as well.

But will fit the others, E6, E7 as well with no issues?

Sorry if it's been asked before, just doing my homework.
                          1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Originally posted by HiFiMerc View Post
                            But will fit the others, E6, E7 as well with no issues?

Sorry if it's been asked before, just doing my homework.
                            Yep, but there's cheaper options.
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                              Yep, but there's cheaper options.
                              Are they covered in this thread?
                              1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Originally posted by HiFiMerc View Post
                                Are they covered in this thread?
                                Literally any Mustang shorty. There's probably hundred's out there. On a E6 headed car anything over the factory Mustang header is probably a waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X