No announcement yet.

!! 67 LTD tudor !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very badass solid cruiser!! I'm jealous. Red paint and wheels with some engine work and she'll be ready!! Have fun you have a real classic!
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

thanks! every one at work says i should paint it red and keep it orginal. i think a cool sleeper boat would be the coolest thing especially if its painted pearl black or pearl grey. i 'd look like a flying torpedo. lol, Something San Diego ricers need see and have there asses handed to them. LOL! but i gota tackle that engine before i do any cosmetic work.
      gmn members say a 351 would be a great idea. i agree.
      sigpic
      67 Ltd tudor
      67 Ltd 4door
      85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Nice! As far as the clunking, you might just need u-joints. Something to check.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
          gmn members say a 351 would be a great idea. i agree.
          Yes it would be indeed. What you wanna use the car for? Personally I think this makes an awesome cruiser, and for that you need to think truck engine, as in high torque down low - 351W, towing/RV cam, long intake runners, small carb, not too large and properly steppe-down exhaust (longtube headers if possible, 2.5" off the headers/manifolds, into a single 3" to the uffler, then a single 2.5 tail over the axle and out the rear), lots of initial advance but not too much total... Or you can always ask Larry here for advice, I bet he can give you some pretty darn good ideas. But I don't think you should try to make the car go fast, even if you do spend tons of money on the engine it still won't handle too great. By the way a friend of mine has a Ford like that (his is a Galaxy or a Fairlane tho, basically the 4-door version of your car), and that 302 is really struggling to get that boat moving.

Comment

replaced the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap and rotor on tuesday

i also installed a radiator from a tbi t-bird on wensday with a buddy of mine. it took 7 hours to do but it works!!! it took some time to make some room but we managed to fit in with a hammer, some luck, and a few beers. the orginal one went to shit. it kept spitting up brown shit water and gave off weird smells like hotdogs or cucumbers. lol. the new one works great! the only promblem we encountered was the tubing from the water pump the radiator. oh yea, i installed a trannsmission cooler too! it was an easy fit since the orginal pipes attached to the center of the orginal radiator. all i had to do was just attach the cooler to front of the new radiator and plug the cooler hoses into the tranny pipes.

ill post pictures sooon!!

in the mean time, im slowly sanding, primering and sealing at all infamous rust that i find along the hood and trunk lids.

next, i plan to replace the power steering cooler with a slightly bigger one and add a radiator resiviour.

then, replace the stock air filter snorkel with a dual one.
            as for the 85, a 3g alternator would be nice and another tranny cooler that i picked up at the junkyards will come in handy.

more to come my friends.
            sigpic
            67 Ltd tudor
            67 Ltd 4door
            85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Originally posted by John Deere Green View Post
              Yes it would be indeed. What you wanna use the car for? Personally I think this makes an awesome cruiser, and for that you need to think truck engine, as in high torque down low - 351W, towing/RV cam, long intake runners, small carb, not too large and properly steppe-down exhaust (longtube headers if possible, 2.5" off the headers/manifolds, into a single 3" to the uffler, then a single 2.5 tail over the axle and out the rear), lots of initial advance but not too much total... Or you can always ask Larry here for advice, I bet he can give you some pretty darn good ideas. But I don't think you should try to make the car go fast, even if you do spend tons of money on the engine it still won't handle too great. By the way a friend of mine has a Ford like that (his is a Galaxy or a Fairlane tho, basically the 4-door version of your car), and that 302 is really struggling to get that boat moving.

an awsome solid fast cruiser that picks up and has the possibility to bark, bite, and go fast. im not looking to go strip racing or any other type of racing. just to go fast on these freeways and take a few hondas. they keep strutting around like they own the roads.
              i like that setup and i agree that going too fast is kinda of a goofy idea b/c of handeling but i dont think there is anything wrong going at least 140mph on the fast lane for a little while.

thanks for the advice
              sigpic
              67 Ltd tudor
              67 Ltd 4door
              85 Ltd 4door

Comment

just bought ignition point, and more kill rust remover.

the car is running great although starting up hill is an ass.
                sigpic
                67 Ltd tudor
                67 Ltd 4door
                85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
                  just bought ignition point, and more kill rust remover.

the car is running great although starting up hill is an ass.
                  What gear ratio does it have?
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

What type of car are you pulling the transmission cooler off of?
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

the one on the 67 ltd, i pulled one off a early '90 lincoln town car. its a square one, it was very clean and in great shape. im assuming the previous owner didnt know how to hook one up b/c of a shitty job fabricating the cooler connections to the tranny fluid metal lines. when i took it out i saw the tranny lines were cut by the balancer pulley. the metal lines were crimmped as well. the cooler lines were only attached by c-clamps

i got another tranny cooler off a 92 lincoln continental, its a rectangle one. this one will go on the 85.
                      i also got another smaller tranny cooler for my 67 ltd power steering, i forgot which car i took that one off of.

i have pics i'll post them soon.
                      sigpic
                      67 Ltd tudor
                      67 Ltd 4door
                      85 Ltd 4door

Comment

302 radiator with a nice tranny cooler

that damn radiator sucked!! im glad i got rid of it!
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic
                        67 Ltd tudor
                        67 Ltd 4door
                        85 Ltd 4door

Comment

what i replaced

anit rust team

what im up against, scott mang was right. there is alot of rust.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic
                          67 Ltd tudor
                          67 Ltd 4door
                          85 Ltd 4door

Comment

everything was going so well till now... old cars, gota lovem. through my frustration i took some pictures to show you guys my progress. enjoy =)
                            Last edited by Leo; 11-15-2009, 08:37 AM.
                            sigpic
                            67 Ltd tudor
                            67 Ltd 4door
                            85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Nice
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That's all surface rust, though. I don't see any holes or rust scale. I wish all of my cars looked that nice underneath, lol.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
                                X