!! 67 LTD tudor !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigFordMan View Post
    Leo, your car looks great. I had a 1965 & 1968 Gallaxie and 1973 LTD.
    Thanks mang!

Cool! i almost bought a 65 tudor. the only thing that stopped me was that i needed too much work to get it at least running properly and towing it was going to cost me a shit load of $$ and plus i dont have a garage. this 67's 289isnt the fastest but it drives pretty damn good for its age.

the 1965 & 1968 Gallaxie and 1973 LTD
    were they tudors? 4 doors? what kinda engines were in each of them?! what other upgradeds did you do?! do you have pictures?!

i still cant believe i bought this one..
    sigpic
    67 Ltd tudor
    67 Ltd 4door
    85 Ltd 4door

Comment

This thing is SEXY! Does the AC work? Reminds me of the '67 I used to have... It was white and had a 289- but it was a 4-door. ...and it's cute that you think you have rust, lol.
      Last edited by moneypit; 01-06-2010, 09:31 PM.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
      1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Originally posted by moneypit View Post
        This thing is SEXY! Does the AC work? Reminds me of the '67 I used to have... It was white and had a 289- but it was a 4-door. ...and it's cute that you think you have rust, lol.
        the rust, lol!
        easy surface rust

the ac is dead. the heater core is dead, its been bypassed. i dont care, im in california.
        the dash lights were dead but my friend and i fixed the problem. it turned out to be an aftermarket ground radio wire that was connected to the old radio dash light wire. all we had to do was find a bolt to ground the wire to. it has that awsome green.
        do you have any pictures of your 67?!

thanks, yes she's one sexy machine. i smile every time i drive her.
        she'll be even sexier with that 351c!
        a roar is just what i need,the perfect stress reliever!
        -a sleeper-
        Last edited by Leo; 01-06-2010, 10:55 PM.
        sigpic
        67 Ltd tudor
        67 Ltd 4door
        85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
          do you have any pictures of your 67?!
          Sadly, no. It was like yours, except fewer options, no vinyl, tan interior, 2 more doors and LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of rust. The "boxed" frame was more like C-channel or even angle iron in many places. It still drove great, though! I sold it at auction after one of the front brake lines blew and I just didn't feel then need to spend another dime on it. It was just too far gone.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
          1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Some notes....

1. This car would look stupid sick with a set of Magnum 500 wheels front and rear; 15x8 wheels and 275/60R 15 BFG's on the rear, and 15x7 wheels with 245/60r 15 BFG's up front. However, I can't recall if BFG still makes a 245/60R 15....

2. Lower the nose just a little bit.

3. By the way, if I recall, your new 351C came with the A/C compressor bracket. That original system is probably repairable....

4. I think it would take very little work to get an AOD into this car.

I'm loving this car a little more every time I look at it.

And of course, this is just a opinion, and should not be construed as the opinion of GMN management, or any of its subsidiary holding companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
              2. Lower the nose just a little bit.
              4. I think it would take very little work to get an AOD into this car.
              I'm loving this car a little more every time I look at it.

2. i've been looking for a few places to have such coils to lower the car a bit while having the ability to take the abuse. i saw a pair of heavy duty spring coils in a Kanter catalog for $250 a pair. those only lower the car an inch.

4. if/when this c4 busts.... an AOD is the next thing on the list.
              sigpic
              67 Ltd tudor
              67 Ltd 4door
              85 Ltd 4door

Comment

An interesting mess i got myself into

289 with 4bbl eddy carb, eddy intake, eddy valve covers.
                c4 transmission already rebuilt

its nice, it drives, shifts, and pulls nicley. although its vibrates alot on the freeways. it was a great find for $900.

more pictures to come.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Leo; 02-21-2010, 06:07 AM.
                sigpic
                67 Ltd tudor
                67 Ltd 4door
                85 Ltd 4door

Comment

no brake boster. it took me a while to get used to driving around the city.

2 four doors
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic
                  67 Ltd tudor
                  67 Ltd 4door
                  85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Where to you people find these dirt cheap rust free cars?! I need some of them!
                    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

ya, i second that. they are my favorite year of classic. i call them dirty harry specials since the 4doors were in dirty harry movies lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Very Nice 67 Ford LTD/Galaxie both of them for what u did very nice find but if u would have got a 66 u could do some Brazilian upgrades on her lol..
                        2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                        85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                        07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                        79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

Heres some Brazilian Version Ford LTD/Galaxie Landaus..
                          Attached Files
                          2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                          85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                          07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                          79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

Congrats on the latest purchase! I wish you the best of luck with juggling the expenses of owning 3 old Fords
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

thanks fellas, juggling the expenses shouldnt be too much of a problem. only the 67 tudor will be a money drain. the two four doors are reliable for the mean time.
                              sigpic
                              67 Ltd tudor
                              67 Ltd 4door
                              85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Car is looking good mang! I'm enjoying seeing you fix her up.

Comment

Working...
                                X