This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of the EGR spacers

Just in case anyone was curious what the different EGR spacers look like, here they are. Pics below are (L to R) panther bored to 63mm, Lightning, bored Mustang, and stock Panther.
    Attached Files
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Got a couple questions about that Lightning EGR spacer since I'm gonna need one or a suitable substitute for it when I build the EFI 351W. Scott tells me that the reason I need a Lightning spacer is because it has the facility for mounting the throttle and TV cable brackets on it. Does anyone have a picture of how that stuff mounts up so I can see what the goal is?

Also, assuming I won't be running EGR, what do I do? Just leave all the vacuum lines unplugged?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

the lightning one looks tiny!!!!!!!
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

no he didnt list em in order of the pics.. ......left to right
        bored to 63mm lopo spacer
        the uber rare lightning spacer (67mm)
        a mustang egr spacer i had bored to 67mm
        and the lowly lopo unmodified spacer

nate
        see the mounting studs on the right of 3 out of 4 of the spacers? the studs are where the throttle and tv linkage bracket bolt up to the side of the egr spacer........running without an egr spacer, you are going to need to fabricate a bracket to mount the bracket, the geometry for the tv cable is very important remember that

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Here are a few shots of the ceramic-coated Lightning one I got from N A on here:

1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania
            nate
            see the mounting studs on the right of 3 out of 4 of the spacers? the studs are where the throttle and tv linkage bracket bolt up to the side of the egr spacer........running without an egr spacer, you are going to need to fabricate a bracket to mount the bracket, the geometry for the tv cable is very important remember that
            These are the studs you're talking about, correct?

I guess without seeing how it all goes together it'd be hard to totally understand, but it doesn't look like it'd be too difficult to make up something to mount it, especially if I had a spacer to use as a template (I could use a lopo spacer for a pattern, correct?)

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Sweet, so the lightning EGR fits without a hitch on the town car, with the throttle and TV linkage and all?
              1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

it will fit on any 5.0 panther... they are practically the same.

nate, that whole area you circled does not exist on the mustang spacer. youd have to do some serious fabbing to make it work. plus the coolant lines run different too, if you dont omit them
                Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                sigpic
                85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Hm didn't even notice that the pics attached in that order, and they didn't come out without a filename. Orig post fixed.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The coolant lines are sort of useless. Mine are disconnected, and the Explorer lowers don't have a place to connect it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X